PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass box volume

iammiowngod
08-09-2003, 01:22 AM
im makeing a truck box and with such limited space i figured why not try to make it out of fiberglass and fit it to the back of my truck like a glove, any way i was wondering just how to go about calcullating the volume, guess? or is there a fomula?. im making a wood ring and stretching the fleece over it.
thanks
-brian

BDIDDY
08-09-2003, 02:33 AM
im makeing a truck box and with such limited space i figured why not try to make it out of fiberglass and fit it to the back of my truck like a glove, any way i was wondering just how to go about calcullating the volume, guess? or is there a fomula?. im making a wood ring and stretching the fleece over it.
thanks
-brian

Try water or some fluid when you get done and that will tell you, other than that have fun trying.

er1kkull
08-09-2003, 11:05 AM
when you stretch your cover over the front get some packign peanuts find out how much it fills up in a card board box then find out the volume of the box. put the packing peanuts in the enclosure and see how much it takes up ......... thats before you make the box........... it should be close enough........

iammiowngod
08-09-2003, 01:29 PM
finding out before i coat the thing reson would be prefrable. ill give the packing peanuts a try.
thanks
-brian