Morel tempo 6

give me feeeeeeeeeedback. :]

PaulThompson229
01-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I say hertz because I have never heard the arc's

dafobbishon3
01-13-2009, 01:27 AM
I say hertz because I have never heard the arc's

really? arc is swell. hey that hertz hsk165 has silk tweets right??

dafobbishon3
01-13-2009, 01:35 AM
bump

Compjake
01-13-2009, 04:13 AM
How can you ask what people think on here? half the people here don't think.

okiedokie
01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
hertz makes a excellent product for money

ramos
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
I think you will be more than satisfied with either provided they are installed correctly :)

dafobbishon3
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
How can you ask what people think on here? half the people here don't think.

lmfao. you callin everyone stupid azzes? haha

dafobbishon3
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I think you will be more than satisfied with either provided they are installed correctly :)

i feel you. man idk how to get a leet azz set up though. i only got a civic.
idk where would be the best place to set everything at.
and idk if its worth it, civic is like one of the most vehicle models that are STOLEN thats why my insurance is so high. LOL :[

dafobbishon3
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
ok since EVERYONE is going HERTZ. tell me THIS.
should i get the HERTZ or the MOREL TEMPO

which brand > the other????????????

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
bumpage

bhsdriller
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Hertz....only because it's the only set i've had experience with

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Hertz....only because it's the only set i've had experience with

mann i see that you even do HAVE the hsk165
hows it going for you?? do you really like it???

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 02:24 PM
BUMPAGE. i've narrowed it down to MOREL TEMPO or HERTZ.
talk to me guys.

okiedokie
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
They are both good sets, either one you pick you'll be happy with, & yes i've heard both, inwhich i like the morel a little bit better for my taste.
but you cant go wrong with either one,

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
They are both good sets, either one you pick you'll be happy with, & yes i've heard both, inwhich i like the morel a little bit better for my taste.
but you cant go wrong with either one,

really? what kind of music do you listen to? cause maybe we have the same taste?

Etac
01-14-2009, 08:08 PM
odds are the install will matter more than which of those two sets you choose

okiedokie
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Rock, like primus,nine inch nails, etc...
underground hip-hop like pharcyde, zion-I, anything positive
some pop lupe fiasco,roots, r& b like

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
odds are the install will matter more than which of those two sets you choose

thats what im thinkin, but im getting a really good dealership getting it done, but idk how to fix up the install to make it sound nice. you know?
like, i know how to fix up a substage so it'll sound nice, but i don't have much experience when it comes to comps so idk how to tune up the install so it'll be nice. :\ but im thinkin that the hertz have more potential, so when i get it installed, i'll just fix it around and do the trial and error method? idk. :(

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Rock, like primus,nine inch nails, etc...
underground hip-hop like pharcyde, zion-I, anything positive
some pop lupe fiasco,roots, r& b like

yeahhh i see same here, i listen to rock, r&b, hiphop, some techno, pretty EVERYTHING but country. lol i HATE country. haha

okiedokie
01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
if you learned how to install yourself it will save you money, plus you'll know to fix any problem that will or may happen.
Plus it's a fun hobbee that makes you happy that you did it yourself.
but if your'e going to have a shop instill your goodies for you then i would at least make sure you get to see or have them explain what they will being doing to your car.
If you have the money to do make sure you get your doors deaden well.
oh i also hate country music it drives me crazy,

dafobbishon3
01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
if you learned how to install yourself it will save you money, plus you'll know to fix any problem that will or may happen.
Plus it's a fun hobbee that makes you happy that you did it yourself.
but if your'e going to have a shop instill your goodies for you then i would at least make sure you get to see or have them explain what they will being doing to your car.
If you have the money to do make sure you get your doors deaden well.
oh i also hate country music it drives me crazy,

very true, i like building and taking down stuff, i mean after i got my subs in, i got new wires so i had to pretty much reinstall everything and i also got a new box, so i did it all, it was really fun, not going to lie, but with speakers, its gonna be alot harder, i have to take out my door panels our and just wire all the crap. :[ idk where or what goes. so im thinkin i get this done, then after, i take it apart on my own time, see what goes where, and try to fix it around see what sounds better.
COUNTRY BLOWS. the INSTRUMENTS sound like CRAP and so do the voices. hahahah

okiedokie
01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Since you learned to do your sub stage then you have concept on how things work, So doing your front speakers wont be hard to install.
Plus if you buy the deadener, wires, built some baffles out of mdf or cutting boards, placement, aimimg-tweeters you'll have more gradification of doing it right the first time then going over some body elses work.
When i got into car audio i felt that i didn't have enough experience to my install, but after paying $700.00 for a set of boston pros to be installed that wasn't done right, i learned that if a shop can charge an arm & leg for a bad job that i could do it myself.
so over the past three years since i've had my scion tc i've had replaced my tweeter in & out until i found which tweeter i like & where i thought it sounded the best.
my mids i've replaced those with the best sounding mid for my liking as well.
Which my set up is KIS for now ,but i'm thinking of going an active set up, just to play with the sound.
I guess i'll never be happy.
I really don't like country,but i think the Instruments with the right set up can & will sound amazing.
What i'm saying is that when i go listen to speakers i take a jazz CD with me to judge the sound of the mid & tweeter. country & jazz use great instruments that can make your speakers come alive.
verse hip-hop uses samples & 808 drum machines which can sound bad, & good.
by the way i can't stand jazz either.
When are you going to buy your speakers?

dafobbishon3
01-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Since you learned to do your sub stage then you have concept on how things work, So doing your front speakers wont be hard to install.
Plus if you buy the deadener, wires, built some baffles out of mdf or cutting boards, placement, aimimg-tweeters you'll have more gradification of doing it right the first time then going over some body elses work.
When i got into car audio i felt that i didn't have enough experience to my install, but after paying $700.00 for a set of boston pros to be installed that wasn't done right, i learned that if a shop can charge an arm & leg for a bad job that i could do it myself.
so over the past three years since i've had my scion tc i've had replaced my tweeter in & out until i found which tweeter i like & where i thought it sounded the best.
my mids i've replaced those with the best sounding mid for my liking as well.
Which my set up is KIS for now ,but i'm thinking of going an active set up, just to play with the sound.
I guess i'll never be happy.
I really don't like country,but i think the Instruments with the right set up can & will sound amazing.
What i'm saying is that when i go listen to speakers i take a jazz CD with me to judge the sound of the mid & tweeter. country & jazz use great instruments that can make your speakers come alive.
verse hip-hop uses samples & 808 drum machines which can sound bad, & good.
by the way i can't stand jazz either.
When are you going to buy your speakers?

yeahh i feel you

umm i'm getting it at stereo efx houston. i've seen pics of set ups they've done in other peoples cars, it looks REALLY nice. so i'm hoping mine will be the same. :\

dafobbishon3
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
but even though i do know how things thru the substage, i mean connectin all the stuff with the tweets and cross overs and mids and amps, idk what to attach to what, and thru my headunit, im guessing its the same, remote, power, ground, idk, but i mean, it's no big, this is the first time im gettin aftermarket comps so after thats in, ill decipher it myself so i know what to do next time, you know?
you think i should get ANOTHER battery? my battery might die soon. haha cause its going to power two amps sooon. :[

eharri3
01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I have the 165s, had Eclipse SC8362 2 ways before. Im a blues/rock kind of guy, lots of guitar and vocals in my music. The HErtz speakers seem to give a better rendering of the 'body' and the 'decay' of string instriments, vocals have a much more lifelike quality as if the singer is right there with you, and they play lower than the Eclipses did. Guitar tones are full and warm with a strong feeling of the reverbration of the string and the differen tones as the finger moves along it after the initial pluck. The only thing I've noticed, same install, mids in doors, tweeters in sails, is that with the HErtz comps I've lost a certain sense of the 'attack' on my string instruments, that sound of the finger plucking the string that is so important to makin it real for me. I think it has to do with the crossover point. I believe these things are crossed over at 3300HZ or so, the Eclipses seemed to be crossed over above 4000 hertz where any definciencies would be less obvious.

okiedokie
01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
replace your battery only if you need to,
Have you done the big three yet! If you dont know what the big three it is,
1) you'll need to take the positive 0 or 4 gag wire from the alt to the positive battery.
2) ground your negative of the battery to the frame of the car.
3) ground the chasis or engine block to the same ground point (negative battery)to the same points.
this is basics,
The install is easy, if you take your time, to do it right.
setting your HP filter isn't hard at all, the shop will do the most basic, so you can blow your speakers even if the shop does your install,i bet if you do more reading on installs you'll do a good job , plus you'll save the money for deadener

dafobbishon3
01-16-2009, 02:11 AM
replace your battery only if you need to,
Have you done the big three yet! If you dont know what the big three it is,
1) you'll need to take the positive 0 or 4 gag wire from the alt to the positive battery.
2) ground your negative of the battery to the frame of the car.
3) ground the chasis or engine block to the same ground point (negative battery)to the same points.
this is basics,
The install is easy, if you take your time, to do it right.
setting your HP filter isn't hard at all, the shop will do the most basic, so you can blow your speakers even if the shop does your install,i bet if you do more reading on installs you'll do a good job , plus you'll save the money for deadener

man i've ALWAYS heard of the big three, EVERYWHERE, but i never know what ever the hell it is or what it does. but it sounds very promising. haha :]

dafobbishon3
01-16-2009, 02:12 AM
I have the 165s, had Eclipse SC8362 2 ways before. Im a blues/rock kind of guy, lots of guitar and vocals in my music. The HErtz speakers seem to give a better rendering of the 'body' and the 'decay' of string instriments, vocals have a much more lifelike quality as if the singer is right there with you, and they play lower than the Eclipses did. Guitar tones are full and warm with a strong feeling of the reverbration of the string and the differen tones as the finger moves along it after the initial pluck. The only thing I've noticed, same install, mids in doors, tweeters in sails, is that with the HErtz comps I've lost a certain sense of the 'attack' on my string instruments, that sound of the finger plucking the string that is so important to makin it real for me. I think it has to do with the crossover point. I believe these things are crossed over at 3300HZ or so, the Eclipses seemed to be crossed over above 4000 hertz where any definciencies would be less obvious.

really? man these 165's are sounding really nice, from EVERYBODY, i really hope i can get a good pair of them. if not, i might have to go down to the Arc FD 6000

dafobbishon3
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
does the hsk165 have silk tweets or metal??

dafobbishon3
01-17-2009, 12:17 AM
bump ??

okiedokie
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
hear is hertz link-
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm
yes there are audio shop that great work, but you pay for what you get.
If you have the money to let them do what you can do for free, them have them do it.
yes when you hook up your front amp it's just like hooking up your sub amp.
if the amp has LP-HP filters you'll need to set them up right so you wont blow your speakers.
but make sure even if you have a shop set your amp gains low, I mean turn your gains on your amp all the way down, then turn your volume on your head unit about 75% UP, then you can turn your gains slowly up maybe around 1/3 which should give you enough volume that will be clean without much distortion.
make sure your HP is off, you can xover your head unit @ 80hz.
this is a start, as you start to play more with your gear it will be easier in time.
before you change out your battery look into the BIG THREE, you can google pic on the web to see how others have done it. it's really easy to do.
to bad you did live in northern california i would help you out.

It Hertz
01-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Both the Morel Tempos and the Hertz HSK165 are good speakers. The Hertz Midbass will have better response. You will need to do plenty of damping to the doors.

I do think the Morels will be a bit smoother out of the box, but the hertz will be close.

In reply to the above post.... the entire paragraph on setting gains is a typical DIY'er set up. If you want it done properly you need to have a quality shop with trained installers do this as they will use an o-scope to know there you max h/u volume is with out clipping (as 3/4 volume may be to much or not enough) they will also properly set the gains by level matching (not guessing at 1/3 gain as it may be more or less) you actually do not want your HP filter off as you need it to set the proper crossover frequency and 80 again may not be a good point for your set-up if you set the system p right you may be able to run much lower then this. (example the bottom end og my mids are crossed at 60 Hz, other vehicle I have done are crossed at 50. it just depends on the set of each vehicle.)

That being said a good shop with trained installers are worth every penny of what you would spend with them for their knowledge of proper placement install and tuning of your newly purchased gear.

okiedokie
01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
he said he was going to have shop do his install, then later play with things himself!
I was trying to save him some money, since he going to mess with things anyway, plus a good shop will a good job for a good price.

okiedokie
01-17-2009, 08:13 PM
plus a good shop with do a good job for a good price

dafobbishon3
01-18-2009, 01:54 AM
well im EXTREMELY satisfied with the hsk165. they are VERY CLEAN. might i say. BUTTTTTTTT when they installed and mounted all my amps, i noticed they changed everything, they changed the hpf switch, freq knobs, bass boost knobs, and gain knobs. they actually MAXED OUT my gain and bass boost. i was like WAIT. WTF. because i KNOW that gain is supposed to be on the lowest and again w/ bass boost. because before i had the hertz installed, my amp was tuned perfectly for my substage, low gain, mid bass boost, and good freq, and now they changd everything, and IDK HOW TO FIX IT. HELP ME!!!!

okiedokie
01-19-2009, 12:40 AM
1) you don't need your HPF, so make sure it's turned off.
2) what did you have your sub xover @ before?, I would try between 80 to 65 to see how it sounds first, is you sub in ported or seal box?
3) you don't need any bass boost, but if you want to use it turn it up until it sound right, but after you have adjusted your gains right.
4 ) try to turn your gains about half way, but it hard to say where you need to be adjusted without knowing your sub set.
I'm glad you love your new hertz speakers, they are nicwe.
since you are new to audio just make sure you xover your speakers on your head unit around 80hz, so you wont blown them.
it ***** when someone messes with your gear & they don't know what they are doing, you'll just learn to do it yourself for know on.