PDA

View Full Version : HU help

refueler1
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Hello, was looking for some information/suggestions. I have a 02 Silverado 1500 HD that needs a new stereo. I need some of your experienced suggestions on which one would be a descent HU. I am looking for a unit that is HD and 24 bit processing for playing quality sound. I would also like the unit to have a USB and possibly a SD card slot. Is there any disadvantages to SD cards in a HU? I didn't even know they existed until today. I am not looking for anything fancy with a lot of bells and whistles and bling. Just your average player with digital media capabilities and a high bit processor. Unfortunately I have had problems finding good internet sites to read reviews about different HUs and cant really find any information out there about the use of USB or SD cards in a HU.

I have called around to check on pricing for installation and have been told that a harness will cost me around $130? Is this a good price or can I get one cheaper on Line? They told me that my truck requires some sort of special databus harness since my trucks computer runs through the harness, which is why my horn no longer works since I have pulled out my stereo. Thanks for reading.