PDA

View Full Version : Morel Tempo Owners

macq32
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
So I've had my tempo's installed for at least a month now and based on some previous discussions was under the impression these would perform excellent with 180-220 watts or so.

I'm not disappointed with them at all because they sound awesome and get so low. But right now I believe I've got 110 watts to them right now (21 volts w/ dmm).

It doesnt seem like they want to take anything else, and if they do they would sound like trash. I tested with a 1khz tone.

Just wondering if this sounds right to anyone else, maybe the other posts I was seeing were people who liked to listen to distortion and static, but I don't see how these could possibly sound good @ 150 watts.

Linkz
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
what do you have them crossed over at?

macq32
01-12-2009, 02:14 PM
what do you have them crossed over at?

I'm running them off of a 2channel, so whatever morel sets their crossovers at, not sure to be honest.

I plan on a xenon 200.4 when one becomes available, so active is in the future.

what would you recommend for a crossover point? I'll search around to find out what morels xovers are set at

James Bang
01-12-2009, 03:01 PM
you really ought to check on that xover point...

I'd suggest 80hz HP for starters

BIGTOSH
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm running them off of a 2channel, so whatever morel sets their crossovers at, not sure to be honest.

I plan on a xenon 200.4 when one becomes available, so active is in the future.

what would you recommend for a crossover point? I'll search around to find out what morels xovers are set at

i think you you should check where your high filter pass is set at.

jeff33702
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Being that they are components with passive crossovers, I don't think he has an option to set the HP?

I'm curious because I also have a set of these in the mail as we speak. I originally planned on powering them with a 300/4v2, not bridged (plan on rear woofers, no highs) - so 75w/ch. Now, from reading around, I am leaning towards bridging the amp and running rears off the HU - but from this thread, makes me wonder if they will sound OK like this.

OP - what type of music do you listen to?

Thedeadly1
01-13-2009, 09:29 AM
No he can still set the high pass.. He can set it for whatever he wants me id go somewhere between 75-90 hz

pjhabit
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Being that they are components with passive crossovers, I don't think he has an option to set the HP?

I'm curious because I also have a set of these in the mail as we speak. I originally planned on powering them with a 300/4v2, not bridged (plan on rear woofers, no highs) - so 75w/ch. Now, from reading around, I am leaning towards bridging the amp and running rears off the HU - but from this thread, makes me wonder if they will sound OK like this.

OP - what type of music do you listen to?

I think you may have HP confused w/ LP? And HU power should be more than adequate for rear fill IMHO bridge the 300/4.

jeff33702
01-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Are you saying that you can adjust the crossover that comes with that set? If not, I was always under the impression that you were supposed to run full range to a set of components and let the crossover deal with the rest, no?

jeff33702
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Are you saying that you can adjust the crossovers on this set of components? If not, I was always under the impression that you were supposed to run full-range to components and let their crossover do the work, no?

James Bang
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Are you saying that you can adjust the crossovers on this set of components? If not, I was always under the impression that you were supposed to run full-range to components and let their crossover do the work, no?

the supplied xover will just split the frequencies between the mid and tweets, not mid and sub... That's where your HP from either your HU or amp comes in to play.

jeff33702
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Thx - I'm such a newb :)

macq32
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I believe I had it set to 60 or somewhere in that ballpark (maybe 50), I'll double check that tomorrow morning and see what improvements I find. Thanks for the input fellas

macq32
01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
It was down right around 50, I tweaked it up right to 80 and thats much better, I might tune it back down a bit maybe around 70-75 but thats an improvement, thanks guys