PDA

View Full Version : when running an 800prs active (std or nw)

blackbonnie
01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
i have been reading my manual a bit for my 800prs and its very confusing but i think i have it. there is a switch on the bottom of the deck for 2 options (std and nw)

when running active i want it set to nw correct?

havent started my active build yet as my 100.4 was damaged during shipping and am just waiting on my replacement. just want to make sure i get this part down because i think there is alot more tuning capabilities when its set to nw.

also when it is set to nw, does that turn off the internal amp? because the way it explains it in the manual everything is ran off the pre-outs...

mlstrass
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
NW is for active and you still need to go into the settings and turn off the internal amp. Switch is on the side...

blackbonnie
01-11-2009, 10:43 AM
my bad, maybe it was on the side. couldnt remember.

but it does not automatically turn the internal amp off right? so i can still run my stock rears off the deck while running the rest active?

AVX Mike
01-11-2009, 11:21 AM
IIRC mine you had to turn off the internal amp for the active rca to be activivated. I really love mine in active mode though. Way better than the alpine 9887 for tuning active systems. Too bad I might have to get rid of mine for a while.

blackbonnie
01-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i didnt think there was such thing as an active rca...

orangecounty1
01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
internal amp stays on unless you go in the settings and turn it off.

i agree, the 880 was confusing to me, until robin showed me how to work the crossovers and ****, and now i will never sell my 880.

i may buy another one for my truck.

FordaTaurusRex
01-21-2009, 08:04 AM
You should just ditch your rear fill. If your front stage is tuned right you wont even notice your rear speakers.

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 08:32 AM
yeah i could ditch it or keep it. havent decided yet. but i think i might wanna run some 8's IB back there

FordaTaurusRex
01-21-2009, 08:35 AM
yeah i could ditch it or keep it. havent decided yet. but i think i might wanna run some 8's IB back there

Yeah that could be sweet. Just make sure the two sound waves are sealed off from each other.

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah that could be sweet. Just make sure the two sound waves are sealed off from each other.

are your talking about individual sub waves or front to back waves. because IB seperates front to back...thats all.

i would just like to throw a couple 8's back there to have a little punch when the substage is off

FordaTaurusRex
01-21-2009, 09:02 AM
are your talking about individual sub waves or front to back waves. because IB seperates front to back...thats all.

i would just like to throw a couple 8's back there to have a little punch when the substage is off

Yeah that is what i meant. If an IB isnt done correctly, they sound like crap. So just make sure the seal from the cabin to your trunk is good.

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah that is what i meant. If an IB isnt done correctly, they sound like crap. So just make sure the seal from the cabin to your trunk is good.

yeah well i havent completely decided on it, just a thought.

i would also like to run some 8's in my doors or kicks. but right now there just thoughts...

UCF52
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
so i can still run my stock rears off the deck while running the rest active?

Nope. When the deck is in network mode you only have the 3 pair of RCA outs. You cannot use the internal amp as another channel when running active.

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Nope. When the deck is in network mode you only have the 3 pair of RCA outs. You cannot use the internal amp as another channel when running active.

that is the exact answer i have been looking for...

can anyone else back up that statement? because that is basically like turning the internal amp off when going into network mode

James Bang
01-21-2009, 07:28 PM
did the unit come with a user manual?

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
yes, but when i read it, it is hard to understand and it doesnt give an elaborate description about what network mode is...

Amber00Dak
01-21-2009, 07:45 PM

Yes you can. Only difference is the speaker outs will become the same signal as the pre-outs......front=high, rear=mids. Unless you go into the settings and turn the amp off, you can use the speaker outputs. They just wont be full range anymore.

da box king
01-21-2009, 07:51 PM
did the unit come with a user manual?

does anyway have a write on goin active with an 880? Do I just switch it to three way, or what. As soon as I get my wire I'm putting everything together.

If someone makes a write up for goin active with an 880 that would be awesome:D

blackbonnie
01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes you can. Only difference is the speaker outs will become the same signal as the pre-outs......front=high, rear=mids. Unless you go into the settings and turn the amp off, you can use the speaker outputs. They just wont be full range anymore.

so when running it active, my front rca's will go to my channels running the highs, and my rear rca's will go to the channels running my mids?

but how will i run that since i will have my highs on channel 1,2 and my mids on 3,4.

will i just run a splitter off my rca's or what?

da box king
01-22-2009, 12:01 AM
ttt

adam71
01-22-2009, 06:30 AM
so when running it active, my front rca's will go to my channels running the highs, and my rear rca's will go to the channels running my mids?

but how will i run that since i will have my highs on channel 1,2 and my mids on 3,4.

will i just run a splitter off my rca's or what?

I think you're asking for trouble with this whole thing. You can use a splitter but why use a different set of subs? Why not just use your subs all the time? This doesn't make much sense and you're just going to end up making your system more complicated.

blackbonnie
01-22-2009, 08:09 AM
I think you're asking for trouble with this whole thing. You can use a splitter but why use a different set of subs? Why not just use your subs all the time? This doesn't make much sense and you're just going to end up making your system more complicated.

those subs are for the when i have the world beater off...

im not sure on them yet, it has just been a thought. nothing is set in stone except what i already have

Megalomaniac
01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2i936m0.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/5vy5o1.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/e8nale.png