PDA

View Full Version : Making a box for 2 ED12Ks

Blazin Civic
08-08-2003, 04:04 AM
I'm gonna make a box for these. It is gonna be sealed. My question is do you think it will be ok not to chamber it? I kinda want to chamber it since it acts like a brace but I sorta want it unchambered because then I have to drill a hole through one chamber to run wires and then silicone it up and ****. I know it isn't much work but after doing the brahmas new box I want to do the least bit of building possible. So you guys think I will be fine with no chambers?

bumpin_blazer
08-08-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm gonna make a box for these. It is gonna be sealed. My question is do you think it will be ok not to chamber it? I kinda want to chamber it since it acts like a brace but I sorta want it unchambered because then I have to drill a hole through one chamber to run wires and then silicone it up and ****. I know it isn't much work but after doing the brahmas new box I want to do the least bit of building possible. So you guys think I will be fine with no chambers?

1 chamber for the pair will be fine if you ask me. i've done it before with several designs ported and sealed never had any problems. only way i see problems is if you amp 1 per sub and the amps aren't bridged or aligned perfectly together.

adam

Blazin Civic
08-08-2003, 04:39 AM
It will be run off one amp so I should be fine then. Okie dokie then. Making a sealed box a slight bit over 2 cubes wont take more than a day, just wish a store around here sold box carpet.