PDA

View Full Version : Changing the lightbulb color of the interior display console

vic6239
08-08-2003, 03:48 AM
How could I change the color of my cars console to a different color.

hotown
08-08-2003, 11:11 AM
you can buy colored light bulbs just for you cars interior. otherwise, i have heard you can use nail polish but im not sure how that works...

junocdx
08-08-2003, 09:43 PM
you can buy colored light bulbs just for you cars interior. otherwise, i have heard you can use nail polish but im not sure how that works...

I dont know about nail polish either... but I know you can get some regular hobby paint. Mix it half and half with some hydrogen-peroxide and it will go on really thin.. but it wont burn up. Or atleast it didnt for me. Make sure its acrylic paint though. :)

Crutchfield carries a very nice selection of colored bulbs

www.crutchfield.com

Redford
08-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Hmm.. Well I did this two days ago and it didn't turn out very well. I used blue bulbs from Autozone and they aparently aren't very bright. Some people suggested using markers on the bulbs, it didn't really go on evenly... some parts were colored and some weren't. Also, one of the bulbs in my dash isn't the same as the others so I couldn't find a colored one to replace it. I think I'm just going to get gauge faces, although the price for it is a little steep ($30). And I'll probably put a neon into my temperature controls to match it.

vic6239
08-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Where would you find the face plates for the gauges and how will you change the temperature control colors? Is there a light bulb in that also?

Let me know how yours turns out & if you can post any pictures that would be great, I'll do the same if I end up being able to do it

Redford
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
I don't know what you drive but autodynamic.com and procarparts.com have them for some cars. I found that through the procarparts yahoo store you can get them for cheaper than their website. I haven't ordered yet but I probably will soon. There's 2 light bulbs behind my temperature control panel. In front of them there is this clear plastic that the light travels through, I guess, kind of like fiber optics.