PDA

View Full Version : My security plans/ questions.

ShiningBuick
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Well I've been planning my spring install on my alarm, and I've got a bunch of ideas, but also questions.

First off, my plans.
I'll get a regular alarm of course, and will be wired into the system from my rear battery (in parallel with front, but won't turn off if they nip the front battery's wire).
It'll be screwed deep into the dash, and the main power wires running to it won't be traditional colors. On that note, I'll have the main run hidden under the carpet, not just run under the door sills.
I'll have 1 piezo under the hood, and 1 under the dash.
I'm going to be adding an air-horn (probably 3 tone) onto my existing air setup, which I plan to wire to the alarm.. piezo's might not do the job, but hopefully 150db of shrill horns will do the trick.
For sensors I was planning on a knock sensor on the hood and trunk, and and motion sensor inside somewhere. I'm not sure about what sensors to put on the doors yet.. if any.. any suggestions?

Also, I plan on adding a cutoff feature to the trunk button and air compressors. Basically a cross between a relay and circuit breaker. It'll be on the wire somewhere, and when the alarm goes off it sends a pulse to it.. turning it off like a relay, but I would like it to keep the cicuit open until someone manually resets them.. like a circuit breaker. With the compessors cutoff, as the air horn drains the tank the pressure switch won't turn them back on, and if the car's aired out it can't be driven currently (front clearance), and also will make loading onto a car carrier difficult. And with the electronic trunk switch cutoff the trunk can't be opened without force.
Any suggestions for this little switch thing? It seems like there would be something like that out there, but I can't find them anywhere.

That's all I've got for now. Any suggestions as to a quality alarm? It doesn't necessarily have to be super high quality, but I don't want complete junk.

Also.. anything else I could add to keep thieves out of my junk? :crazy:

farmerehsan
01-10-2009, 05:49 PM
hit me up for ur air needs i can hook u up with horns and stuff for real cheap

THUNDERBIRD
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
peizos are way overrated. just get a battery back up for the alarm and dont waste all that bs tieing it into the rear battery. you can grab power from a few different sources and ground it in a few different. and try screwing it deep into the dash. you pull the center cluster panel on that car and you can see all over the dash. if ur gonna mount it anywhere mount it in the consol or under a the drivers or passengers seat. i installed one in a drivers door before on the door panel because the customer requested that and he sound deadened the door so no moisture could get to the unit. i fought not to but he tipped me $100 and i said ok. was a pain but whateva.

ShiningBuick
01-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, mounting it elsewhere.. that's a good idea. Perhaps I'll just put it right in the spare-tire well.. it'll be underneath a FG amp amp and would be a PITA to get to.. since the electronic trunk switch would be cutoff they'd have to break into the trunk to get to it.. good idea! Would remove the need for something under the dash to deter them... or perhaps I could put something there just to bother them if they're in the car/ make them think it's in the dash.

I'll probably just forget the piezo under the hood and wire it into the stock horn, if piezo's really are over rated.

I found something to use to cutoff the trunk switch and compressors... dual coil latching relays. They sound perfect.

Still up in the air as to what alarm to get, and if I should run any special sensors.

THUNDERBIRD
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
you want to stay with in the wire length that they give you. you have deep dint on the car so if u did the trunk mount you range would be **** because u look lik u have 5% on the rear windo where you would mount the antenna. put it in the dash. most theives will not take the time to search for the brain.