PDA

View Full Version : I order KTX-100EQ , I have a question

HNaga
01-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I ordered KTX-100EQ it should arrive within this week , I have a question
my speakers are connected passive and they are not comp - till now-
I also don't have subs.
will KTX-100EQ make a difference with the current system or I have to upgrade it to see the difference?

nineball
01-10-2009, 02:59 PM
if tuned correctly it will make a difference. upgrading your system will only make it better.

HNaga
01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
if tuned correctly it will make a difference. upgrading your system will only make it better.

Can it be tuned incorrectly? how, Any tips not mentioned in the manual?

nineball
01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
of course it can be tuned incorrectly. there are lots of threads on this board about that problem with some relating to the txa-h100 as well. the software is not perfect and the auto-tune feature frequently needs some tweaking.

as far as tips, well every car is different and requires different tuning. i would suggest you try to find someone in the area to help you who has had experience with it. i am not saying that you cannot achieve a better sound with it on your own, just that it is not a perfect system on it's own.

Louisiana_CRX
01-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I ordered KTX-100EQ it should arrive within this week , I have a question
my speakers are connected passive and they are not comp - till now-
I also don't have subs.
will KTX-100EQ make a difference with the current system or I have to upgrade it to see the difference?

any pic of this?

nineball
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
any pic of this?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product_acc.php?model=KTX-100EQ

doesn't the 9887 already have the ability to set all of this? isn't that one of the major selling points of the unit? to me it just seems that you are paying ~$200 to have it done automatically for you with the possibility of having it not done to your liking. i can understand if you have a 9886 or ida-x100 and use the pxa-h100/ktx-h100 combo since the units cannot do it on their own but this just seems like a waste of money.

HNaga
01-11-2009, 08:21 AM
of course it can be tuned incorrectly. there are lots of threads on this board about that problem with some relating to the txa-h100 as well. the software is not perfect and the auto-tune feature frequently needs some tweaking.

as far as tips, well every car is different and requires different tuning. i would suggest you try to find someone in the area to help you who has had experience with it. i am not saying that you cannot achieve a better sound with it on your own, just that it is not a perfect system on it's own.

Well thanks for your reply.
I 'll wait till the kit is arrived , try it and give my feedback here again.

I hope things will be easy as I expect :)

HNaga
01-11-2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product_acc.php?model=KTX-100EQ

doesn't the 9887 already have the ability to set all of this? isn't that one of the major selling points of the unit? to me it just seems that you are paying ~$200 to have it done automatically for you with the possibility of having it not done to your liking. i can understand if you have a 9886 or ida-x100 and use the pxa-h100/ktx-h100 combo since the units cannot do it on their own but this just seems like a waste of money.

the unit does not have some features like imprint , the kit is supposed to be installers kit not uses one , but since the local shops here does not have it , I had to order it.

but I see the unit is very good unit the sound is very clear.

HNaga
01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I received the kit today ,
I didn't have to change the amp gain or the filters as I have it flat for the 4 speakers.
in the Imprint tool I selected ALL - I think I should not.
The tool tried to detect subs which I don't have :(
I tried just one position and my laptop battery went low :(

YES there is a difference , the sound is more detailed and clear.

I noticed that sound still working after 25- not like what I read.

Tomorrow I will try again but I don't know should select ALL or FRONT then REAR?