PDA

View Full Version : best hu for a wrangler

rdneck97
01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
What hu would be good to go in a jeep wrangler. I do not want to go to expensive since theft is so easy. Looking in the 120 to 150 price range.

dman4486
01-07-2009, 05:29 PM
anything with a removable faceplate and waterproof

I would go with a marine hu

BJ The Man
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
anything with a removable faceplate and waterproof

I would go with a marine hu

I have an 08 wrangler and having a waterproof HU isn't necessary at all. I've had it downpour inside of it with the top completely off and it didn't hurt anything. If you plan on going double DIN with a screen I'd be careful but if not than anything that fits your needs will be fine.

If your getting an 07-09 don't bother trying to find a wiring harness.....unfortunately you have to hard wire it which is tricky to get all the speakers right but it works just fine.

If you need any other help with your jeep let me know.

dman4486
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I have an 08 wrangler and having a waterproof HU isn't necessary at all. I've had it downpour inside of it with the top completely off and it didn't hurt anything. If you plan on going double DIN with a screen I'd be careful but if not than anything that fits your needs will be fine.

If your getting an 07-09 don't bother trying to find a wiring harness.....unfortunately you have to hard wire it which is tricky to get all the speakers right but it works just fine.

If you need any other help with your jeep let me know.

I guess I was vague.

Bj,

You apparently do not take your wrangler off road in any rigorous conditions. I have dealt with many jeep installs and have thrown away plenty of hu's.

On the new Wranglers, there is a curved plastic cover over the hu to protect it from weather however when the jeep is filled with water/mud/whatever it will cause issues.

and yes....wiring sux in the jeeps, but is the same as hard wiring any other vehicle.

rdneck97
01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the replies but I still could use some help in picking a good hu (marine or not) that doesn't cost a bundle (easy to break into a soft top wrangler).