PDA

View Full Version : 6.5"s or an 8"

kingpin_jeffie
08-07-2003, 01:53 AM
I drive a 1985 Pontiac Parisienne. Ok quit laughing. anywho I already have a 4" comp. set in the factory dash locations however I'm seriously lacking midbass response from these. So I toyed with the idea of custom door pods or kick panels. These however are not feasable do to space restrictions. So main idea now is to make a fiberglass enclosure under my HU on top of the center "hump" or whatever you call it and fit it with either a pair of 6.5's or a single 8". So Im just wondering in your opinions what would work best? Personally I feel the 8" would be **** cool up front but Im open to all ideas. Keep in mind that I will be powering this with 2 channels on a RF 600a4 (75x4@4ohms) and that I already have a 15a in the trunk so Im more concerned with the front stage being loud but not extremely bassy.

Thanks

maylar
08-07-2003, 02:29 PM
The Parisienne I think is a B Body style, same as my Olds Delta. I managed to put 5.25's in the doors, below the armrest and toward the front. It made a world of difference.

For midrange a pair of 6.5's would be better than an 8, but you'll need a sealed box that'll be tough to integrate under the dash.

kingpin_jeffie
08-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Ive been lookng at the doors and it probably would be possible to drop some 5.25's in there but its looking like more work than it would take to make a small enclosure under the dash.

I don't know though I need to pull the door apart to really see what I would need to do.

In regards to 6.5's under the dash any idea on if this would help or is the location dooming this project from the start?

MikeofTulsa
08-07-2003, 02:45 PM
well if u can find a 6.5" mid driver i'd put them in the center console if u cant get anything in the doors.....jus make sure they are angled properly.....