PDA

View Full Version : Am I retarded?

krisfnbz
01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Okay so I have been off the forums for quite some time, other than trying to sell shyt.

I have rainbow CAL 20's, the lower line tweeters and I had them hooked up with the 9887 active with a nice pair of CDT Mids... I think they were worth like $200 bucks. I really enjoyed how smooth the tweeters were. I did not think they were harsh at all. it was all powered by the big belle.

I have heard some really high end stuff from JL, FOCAL...and heard some decent stuff from MTX and Blaupunkt. and I have to tell you they sounded harsh and just really bad. I had a paid of CDT CL-61's two years ago and I didnt notice them to be harsh at all. But I didnt know what HP/LP meant back then..haha.

I doubt any of you have actually heard the CAL 20's, they are worth like $15 or some weak shyt like that. I want to upgrade but I dont want anything even CLOSE to harsh.

Got anything for me to read online guys?

Vestax
01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Rainbow harsh?

No you're not retarded.

Try auditioning more sets to figure out what set would be best for you.

Lil Poot
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
i've got an alumapro component set i'm selling for 220 shipped. they use another rainbow tweet, the cal25, but its a silk tweet known for being very smooth and easy on the ear.

its the alc 6.2 set. pictures and some feedback are in this thread (i dont list it in my sig, but i've done about 25-30 deals on this forum, all positive) http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365891

shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Louisiana_CRX
01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
we todd it :confused:

Buck
01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I am retarded :fyi:

But no your not.

WhoSayWho?
01-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay so I have been off the forums for quite some time, other than trying to sell shyt.

I have rainbow CAL 20's, the lower line tweeters and I had them hooked up with the 9887 active with a nice pair of CDT Mids... I think they were worth like $200 bucks. I really enjoyed how smooth the tweeters were. I did not think they were harsh at all. it was all powered by the big belle.

I have heard some really high end stuff from JL, FOCAL...and heard some decent stuff from MTX and Blaupunkt. and I have to tell you they sounded harsh and just really bad. I had a paid of CDT CL-61's two years ago and I didnt notice them to be harsh at all. But I didnt know what HP/LP meant back then..haha.

I doubt any of you have actually heard the CAL 20's, they are worth like $15 or some weak shyt like that. I want to upgrade but I dont want anything even CLOSE to harsh.

Got anything for me to read online guys?

I am :confused:

Are they harsh or not?

krisfnbz
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I am :confused:

Are they harsh or not?

I meant I enjoyed the Rainbow Cal 20's and did not think they were even close to harsh, and I heard JL FOcal etc etc and other brands and immediately thought they were harsh.

krisfnbz
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
i've got an alumapro component set i'm selling for 220 shipped. they use another rainbow tweet, the cal25, but its a silk tweet known for being very smooth and easy on the ear.

its the alc 6.2 set. pictures and some feedback are in this thread (i dont list it in my sig, but i've done about 25-30 deals on this forum, all positive) http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365891

shoot me a pm if you're interested.

i always wanted to buy a cal 25...

Lil Poot
01-07-2009, 01:10 AM
220 is a killer deal on that ;)

i paid about 400 for it.

pjhabit
01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't think your retarded. But the :veryhapp: next to your type S's makes me questionable ;)

krisfnbz
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I don't think your retarded. But the :veryhapp: next to your type S's makes me questionable ;)

Hey those type S subs pound like no other. Extremely clean bass.

jdawg
01-07-2009, 12:01 PM
stick to silk domes or soft domes, but even those can be harsh. Read some reviews on partsexpress

James Bang
01-07-2009, 07:39 PM
you seem a little retarded...

http://zaphaudio.com/tweetermishmash/

krisfnbz
01-08-2009, 03:00 PM
you seem a little retarded...

http://zaphaudio.com/tweetermishmash/

wow