PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: tooloud4tv = SCAMMER Indeed!!!!

donpisto
01-05-2009, 03:14 AM
I didn't want to go this route, but I am making it official. Some of you know the entire story behind it, while others may be reading this for the first time. I'll try and keep it short despite the everlasting situation.

About a year and a half, maybe 2 years ago I did a trade with tooloud4tv, Travis, which involved my Soundstream XXX 6500 for a Kicker KX 2500.1 and some cash, can't quite remember the exact amount. Anyhow, he ended up owing me some of the money and only paid part of it.

We went back and forth, there were some issues, and finally about a few months ago I was told I would get my money and we would work things out. So I waited a few weeks, I even said I would work out a payment plan, shoot $5 a week or something. No response. Figured I'd wait it out some more and I sent PM's, AIM messages, even threadjacked his FS thread and STILL no response. I am still owed $60 from over A YEAR AND A HALF and have not received it.

Do not deal with this guy, because he will possibly scam you. In a sense, I have been scammed because our deal was never completed fully.

---

Here's some additional info that would have made what I just said even longer.

- Travis claimed a screw was left in the amp which caused it to blow and he had to get it repaired.
- I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I couldnt find the screw he mentioned when he did mentioned it. After my vehicle was totalled and I ripped out my audio, I found that screw I couldnt find, which meant he blew the amp himself.
- He claimed the amp was working as well and then a couple days later it magically stopped working because of the screw whatever it was.
- I made a public thread on Term Pro since originally that is where the transactoin took place, but 2 threads I created were deleted.
- He whined about me calling him out, saying it wasn't right (like not paying me for a long *** time is?)
- I created a thread, which I will link to at the end of this post and the conclusion was that we had an agreement. Despite what he had to pay to repair the amp, he still owed me money, $100, and he had paid me only $40.
- I expected payment on August 29th, but I received nothing.
- On September 25th he said he would pay me little by little and he would pay me the following Thursday or the one after, still nothing.
- I have sent NUMEROUS PM's, weeks apart, he has logged in, and HASN'T replied AT ALL>.

Thus said, here is the original thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340430

Do not do business with this guy. If you deal with an individual named Travis from Americus, GA I strongly suggest you think twice. People might say it's only $60, and yes I have lost more, but it is the principle, and the more people get away with things like this, no matter how small, the more people there will be that continue to get screwed over.

donpisto
01-05-2009, 03:17 AM
His AIM is travistofye in case anyone chats with him on AIM working out a transaction.

Louisiana_CRX
01-05-2009, 03:17 AM
that sux :crap:

donpisto
01-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah, especially when you tell someone you can accept a payment plan of $5 a week, or just anything. Honestly, he can sit on the corner of the street and make that amount in a single day.

James Bang
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM
it's a gamble when you deal w/ *********.

DJ Nitrous 427
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
lmao

Ali1
01-05-2009, 12:44 PM
yeah its obvious he won't give you the remaining money, if all you said was indeed true.

Scammer in my book. One of those dumbfvcks who says "i got you next week on the other half, and assumes he purchased the amp for half the price, never thinking about the remaining half again"

donpisto
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
^^^

Pretty much. I haven't seen the money for so long that it's pretty much lost in my book. If he decides to be a man and not be childish (such as acting like he's his mom when I have chatted with him) then I would be surprised.

I just want people to be aware of this scumbag.

I hope the people that vouched for him and backed him up share this thread with him as well so that he is well aware of it.

donpisto
01-06-2009, 11:30 PM
How funny, I logged in under my old AIM sn and what do ya know, he is logged in, but on my current AIM sn, it shows he is offline. Guess he decided to block me in addition to not respond to PM's. Guy is a ******* joke.

Cravingbass123
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
scammers should get lives

and a conscience.

donpisto
01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
And an eye gouge or two

ztaebevets
01-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Where does he live? Lol.

donpisto
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Americus, GA

I'm sure I can find his full address. I'm bored so I'll look into it. I can also dig for his phone number, but I know he won't answer my calls since he probably has me in his phone book as "DO NOT ANSWER".

ztaebevets
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Lol. How much he owe you?

donpisto
01-07-2009, 12:25 AM
$60. Seriously, he can't pay me $5 a week or something?

donpisto
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Conversation I just had with him.

xdonpistox (6:45:26 PM): wanna tell me where my money is?
travis to fye (6:45:54 PM): not at all now look do what u got to do
travis to fye (6:45:59 PM): imma scammer
travis to fye (6:46:11 PM): and id be glad to post that in ur lil thread on CA too
xdonpistox (6:46:14 PM): well, you havent kept your end of the bargain
xdonpistox (6:46:16 PM): go for it
xdonpistox (6:46:21 PM): because you said you would keep me updated
xdonpistox (6:46:31 PM): you didnt, and it's been over a month
xdonpistox (6:46:48 PM): you didnt respond to PM's either when I asked for a simple update
travis to fye signed off at 6:51:33 PM.
travistofye is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.
xdonpistox (6:52:14 PM): haha, yeah, cant even respond and you log off. seriously though, respond to that thread, I doubt you will though

boalova13
01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
You still talk to steveyhustle? Speaking of scammers he scammed me.

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Not really...what did he scam you on?

revrider1
01-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Interesting, scammers ****...

boalova13
01-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Not really...what did he scam you on?

Rockford t30001bd. It was pretty much doa. It powered up but was almost putting out no power at all. gave him nothng but time to make it right sonce he said t was his dudes and his dude coincidently enough got arrested right after this happened ;). Anyways I had to pay over $300 to get t fixed and he sad he'd reimburse me but after he got banned due to another bad deal I was left wih no options. He won't respond to emails or im's. T3ck101 was going to talk to him but I never heard anything about that either.

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Rockford t30001bd. It was pretty much doa. It powered up but was almost putting out no power at all. gave him nothng but time to make it right sonce he said t was his dudes and his dude coincidently enough got arrested right after this happened ;). Anyways I had to pay over $300 to get t fixed and he sad he'd reimburse me but after he got banned due to another bad deal I was left wih no options. He won't respond to emails or im's. T3ck101 was going to talk to him but I never heard anything about that either.

Ouch, that ***** man. I know tc3k101 doesn't talk to him anymore. Something went sour with some ipod cable and head unit trade with a 3rd party or something.

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Looks like Travis has more to say, going back and forth on his word and after telling me he will still pay, he won't now.

xdonpistox (7:02:28 PM): you know, fact of the matter is, all i wanted was an update. and you couldn't do that. i told you i would work something out with you, a payment plan or something. you chose not to communicate at all. you're not holding up your end of the deal, that's a breach of contract. what does it make you if you don't pay me what you owe me? A scammer. I just don't understand why you can't keep me updated, can you explain?
travis to fye (7:07:55 PM): ok man honestly if u really want to know the truth i honestly feel like i dont owe u **** honestly. i feel like i got ****ed in the deal, you even said yourself that you lost the remote terminal screw inside the amp, but you didnt even bother too find it NOR notifiy me on this. **** man if i didnt have to pay 120$ bucks to pay to get the amp fixed you would have been had ur money immediately. truth is im not an scammer nor bad guy. i just feel like i got ****ed. so like i said u can take whatever actions u have too it doesnt matter to me and like i said i will post in your thread or whatever i give a **** right now. and for one you telling people that i was pretending to be my mom? man wtf is that all about why the hell would i do that? im an grown man i dont have to hide behind my mother for **** i take care of myself and im responsible for my own actions so me using her as an excuse is total bullshit! So since im labeled an scammer **** it!
xdonpistox (7:17:06 PM): I told you before, I gave you the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. The, when I took my audio out or was doing deadening, I found it under the rear seat.

I clearly stated that in the thread. But I thought forget it, haven't seen you on the forums, then one day I see you, so I decide to see whats up.

Regardless of what you THINK, we still had a deal that you owed me money. Most importantly, you AGREED to it.

And about acting like your mom, well, youd did that twice and what mom goes on their "grown man" son's screen name? You didn't say anything about it before, so why now?

And if you're such a grown man, why can't you man up and pay me and hold your end of the bargain?

Let me go back to my point about the remote screw and make sure you clearly understand. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I ended up finding it. I'm nice, way too nice at times and I was in your case. I even covered some of the shipping or told you not to worry about it on my end, whatever it was. And the amp was working for a couple days right? You mentioned that. And THEN all of a sudden one day it stopped working because of that remote screw. How should I know that you didn't damage it yourself? I know the remote screw was different and it was obvious (the one that was on the amp when you received it) so I figured, hey, maybe somehow it got left in there but I couldn't find it. MONTHS later, I find it, thus it wasn't my fault.

We can go back and forth over and over gain, but the fact of the matter is, you told me you would STILL give me the money you owed me. And let me quote you on this one. "Friday dont even worry about the threads really dont matter to me." That was on August 24, 2008 at 6:36 PM (PST), post #126 in this thread: http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340430

So explain to my why you still won't do a **** thing about it?

ztaebevets
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
I don't think he's going to pay up lol.

dave_damage
01-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Looks like Travis has more to say, going back and forth on his word and after telling me he will still pay, he won't now.

xdonpistox (7:02:28 PM): you know, fact of the matter is, all i wanted was an update. and you couldn't do that. i told you i would work something out with you, a payment plan or something. you chose not to communicate at all. you're not holding up your end of the deal, that's a breach of contract. what does it make you if you don't pay me what you owe me? A scammer. I just don't understand why you can't keep me updated, can you explain?
travis to fye (7:07:55 PM): ok man honestly if u really want to know the truth i honestly feel like i dont owe u **** honestly. i feel like i got ****ed in the deal, you even said yourself that you lost the remote terminal screw inside the amp, but you didnt even bother too find it NOR notifiy me on this. **** man if i didnt have to pay 120$ bucks to pay to get the amp fixed you would have been had ur money immediately. truth is im not an scammer nor bad guy. i just feel like i got ****ed. so like i said u can take whatever actions u have too it doesnt matter to me and like i said i will post in your thread or whatever i give a **** right now. and for one you telling people that i was pretending to be my mom? man wtf is that all about why the hell would i do that? im an grown man i dont have to hide behind my mother for **** i take care of myself and im responsible for my own actions so me using her as an excuse is total bullshit! So since im labeled an scammer **** it!
xdonpistox (7:17:06 PM): I told you before, I gave you the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. The, when I took my audio out or was doing deadening, I found it under the rear seat.

I clearly stated that in the thread. But I thought forget it, haven't seen you on the forums, then one day I see you, so I decide to see whats up.

Regardless of what you THINK, we still had a deal that you owed me money. Most importantly, you AGREED to it.

And about acting like your mom, well, youd did that twice and what mom goes on their "grown man" son's screen name? You didn't say anything about it before, so why now?

And if you're such a grown man, why can't you man up and pay me and hold your end of the bargain?

Let me go back to my point about the remote screw and make sure you clearly understand. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I ended up finding it. I'm nice, way too nice at times and I was in your case. I even covered some of the shipping or told you not to worry about it on my end, whatever it was. And the amp was working for a couple days right? You mentioned that. And THEN all of a sudden one day it stopped working because of that remote screw. How should I know that you didn't damage it yourself? I know the remote screw was different and it was obvious (the one that was on the amp when you received it) so I figured, hey, maybe somehow it got left in there but I couldn't find it. MONTHS later, I find it, thus it wasn't my fault.

We can go back and forth over and over gain, but the fact of the matter is, you told me you would STILL give me the money you owed me. And let me quote you on this one. "Friday dont even worry about the threads really dont matter to me." That was on August 24, 2008 at 6:36 PM (PST), post #126 in this thread: http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340430

So explain to my why you still won't do a **** thing about it?

Who dose he say fixed it? I know it aint Soundstream. They wont touch that amp for less than $150

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Who dose he say fixed it? I know it aint Soundstream. They wont touch that amp for less than $150

Not sure to be honest, but I think he did mention he was going to send it to Soundstream, because I looked up where they are located and it was near me.

dave_damage
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Then he is for a fact lying.

boalova13
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Ouch, that ***** man. I know tc3k101 doesn't talk to him anymore. Something went sour with some ipod cable and head unit trade with a 3rd party or something.

Yeah i figured something happended. He was going to try to get steve to cough up something, anything would make it easier to swallow. It just ***** because i have 1100+ into an amp that I could possibly get seven for, and i didn't even get to use it. If you talk to him you think you could at least throw the subject out there?

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah i figured something happended. He was going to try to get steve to cough up something, anything would make it easier to swallow. It just ***** because i have 1100+ into an amp that I could possibly get seven for, and i didn't even get to use it. If you talk to him you think you could at least throw the subject out there?

Yeah, will do. I know how it is...not from this situation, but from another. I got scammed on a huge amount and frankly, won't ever see the money again :(

donpisto
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
We chatted on AIM, went through a bunch of BS, but he's assured me he'd get some money out tomorrow and the rest the following week. If all works well, I'll just say it wasn't as smooth of a transaction as it was in the beginning, but he isn't a scammer. Till then, time will tell.

boalova13
01-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, will do. I know how it is...not from this situation, but from another. I got scammed on a huge amount and frankly, won't ever see the money again :(
Yup it *****, sorry to hear that

We chatted on AIM, went through a bunch of BS, but he's assured me he'd get some money out tomorrow and the rest the following week. If all works well, I'll just say it wasn't as smooth of a transaction as it was in the beginning, but he isn't a scammer. Till then, time will tell.

Glad to hear he might make it right

pqbrown
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
That ***** man, no accountability by that guy, and he's saying here takes care of his own responsibilities....Atleast it's only 60$, and not 600$. I just got hosed on here last month for 110$. Bottom line is don't do business here, or do so at your own risk. There is a lot of shady people on here, but there are other sites with more trustworthy people to do business with. Try diymobileaudio.com, lot's of good stuff in that forum and trader feedback. I like your ride too, sedans rock.

donpisto
01-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah I use DIYMA and have done plenty of transactions there and here. Travis didn't send out the money and said he will as soon as he gets too. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt again, but I hope he keeps his word and follows through. I even said for him to give me $40 and not to worry about the remaining $20, so we'll see.

donpisto
03-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Just an update, I haven't received any money or even an update from him. Thought he was a good guy, but it's all talk, nothing can change my opinion now, not even if I even receive the money, which I highly doubt I will.

Be careful if you do a transaction with this guy if it involves money on your, that's all I gotta say.