PDA

View Full Version : higher end decks with ipod interfacing and bluetooth

fatryan
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
i bought a 9800BT like a week before its release date (for $610 :eek: ), and as many of you know the 9800BT was the first deck out to interface with ipods and have BT. so needless to say its got some problems. the bluetooth wont automatically connect with verizon phones. it does with AT&T but not verizon. my moms lexus automatically connects her verizon phone, so it cant be verizon. this isnt even a big deal now though cause i work for AT&T and will have a company line within 2 weeks lol.

biggest issue i have with the deck is the ipod interfacing. it never remembers where you were on the list, it always takes you back to the beginning and its really annoying if you only want to listen to a couple songs from 1 artist. also, for some reason i cant bring up (or make) my "on-the-go" playlists. if i make a playlist on itunes and name it something, it has no problems bringing that up, but just not on-the-go. lastly, somethings weird with the top-25-played, recently-played, and recently-added playlists. theyre so random lol. they never have the correct songs on them and sometimes they get erased.

moving onto the deck itself. its got the usual pioneer ground noise. re-grounding the pre-outs helped but i can still hear hissing and alternator whine (amps are grounded solid). it sounds pretty good, but my cd8445 sounded much better. i had some BAD luck with my 8445 and it kinda detered me from eclipse, but im very tempted to go back because they sound fvckin awesome.

aside from the above mentioned, i love the deck. but the ipod thing just pisses me off. so first, what higher end decks offer both ipod interfacing and BT? and second, which deck has the most user friendly ipod interfacing and control? TIA

eharri3
01-04-2009, 10:05 PM
My understanding is it's more the brand of phone than the phone company. Some brands interface with aftermarket bluetooth head units and give more access to blue-tooth features than others.

I have VErizon. At one point had an LG where it wouldn't download the phonebook or dialed or missed calls so I actually had to dial from the phone, pretty much defeating the purpose. I went to a Samsung and now everything in the phone transfers to the head unit and it works perfectly. I can look up and dial a number and make a call all through the head unit without ever touching the phone.

That's what seems to **** about the new bluetooth head units. Depending on how compatible it is with the phone you may or may not get all the features they advertise to work but they don't tell you that in the store.

fatryan
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
My understanding is it's more the brand of phone than the phone company. Some brands interface with aftermarket bluetooth head units and give more access to blue-tooth features than others.

I have VErizon. At one point had an LG where it wouldn't download the phonebook or dialed or missed calls so I actually had to dial from the phone, pretty much defeating the purpose. I went to a Samsung and now everything in the phone transfers to the head unit and it works perfectly. I can dial a number and make a call all through the head unit with the phonebook in my pocket. I basically never need to touch my phone to make or receive calls or get anything out of the phone book.

That's what seems to **** about the new bluetooth head units. Depending on how compatible it is with the phone you may or may not get all the features they advertise to work but they don't tell you that in the store.
**** :( i got an LG VX8300 now and i could never transfer my phonebook or any other info, i could simply connect it manually and talk. i also had to dial from my phone. and looking at the CD7200 mkII (http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/cd/cd7200overviews.html) it doesnt have the blackberry BOLD on the phone compatibility list :( however the BOLD was released just a couple months ago, so maybe it does work...

eharri3
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Yup I believe that LG is the exact phone I used to have that never worked well with my Alpine's bluetooth.

fatryan
01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
well im going to be getting a blackberry bold for AT&T this week. i emailed fujitsu ten about compatibility with the eclipse deck, i guess ill email alpine too. btw, that alpine deck is lookin sweet :)