PDA

View Full Version : Here goes nothing

maseyferguson05
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Alright, all this time worrying about subs and i have been neglecting my mids and highs. The cars pretty loud now, 4 speakers all running of the HU. Two xplods in the back and these are the ones that i plan on replacing. I just bought some pioneer 4x6's for upfront and they sound amazing for the price. I don't plan on getting rid of those until they blow.

Now with the rear speakers on the deck. I currently have an unused MTX RT 202 amp. I was planning on hooking it up to the back speakers only. Or could i hook it up to all four?

Also, i got to thinking. My subs are in the trunk and the back speakers are on the deck and go into the trunk. I'm pretty sure the subs end up making my cones move and might cause distortion. Anyone else have this problem? Fixes? You guys are the experts.

Thanks

99grandprixGT
01-04-2009, 09:07 PM
my fix was just to disconnect the rear speakers.

undeadxsunshine
01-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Why amp the back speakers instead of the front?

goingdef
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
take out the rear speakers seal them off with dynamat re-install and if the amp is 2ohm stable per channel then yes you can hook 2 speakers to each channel (4ohms per speaker)but the speakers need to be around the same rms range hope that helps

maseyferguson05
01-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Why amp the back speakers instead of the front?
Not sure, its not like they are the best speakers... But right now i can crank them all the way and have them sound pretty decent.

Louisiana_CRX
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
do away with rear speakers unless subs

maseyferguson05
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Time for door speakers?

Insupasmomsom01
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Alright, all this time worrying about subs and i have been neglecting my mids and highs. The cars pretty loud now, 4 speakers all running of the HU. Two xplods in the back and these are the ones that i plan on replacing. I just bought some pioneer 4x6's for upfront and they sound amazing for the price. I don't plan on getting rid of those until they blow.

Now with the rear speakers on the deck. I currently have an unused MTX RT 202 amp. I was planning on hooking it up to the back speakers only. Or could i hook it up to all four?

Also, i got to thinking. My subs are in the trunk and the back speakers are on the deck and go into the trunk. I'm pretty sure the subs end up making my cones move and might cause distortion. Anyone else have this problem? Fixes? You guys are the experts.

Thanks

rear fill = fail

sucky front stage = fail

maseyferguson05
01-04-2009, 10:16 PM
rear fill = fail

sucky front stage = fail
Pretty much.

maseyferguson05
01-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Well i just read around and it seems that most people spend most of the time/money on the front stage. Now i'm thinking about door speakers. Pods in an 89 buick century? We will see...

Dammit, this **** is confusing. I'm not even sure how to wire it up so i can close the door?

IDSkoT
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Thanks

You might be a victim to V.B.A., or Violent Bass air. This is when the sound waves from the subwoofer vibrates the cone, causing distortion.
IT'S ITENSE!

On a real note... NO! Your subs aren't causing distortion. Your subs ARE the distortion. Xplods have really poor sound quality (which is why, for most people on this forum, they're a joke. Which is ironic since Sony's Home Audio stuff is good, but their car audio stuff is a joke.) Further more, the frequency that the subs would emit said pressure at would be at the same frequency as the song, so if anything, they're causing your rear deck to act as a sort of 6th order Band Pass passive radiator... which would actually look really cool and be really intricate.

IDSkoT
01-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Well i just read around and it seems that most people spend most of the time/money on the front stage. Now i'm thinking about door speakers. Pods in an 89 buick century? We will see...

Dammit, this **** is confusing. I'm not even sure how to wire it up so i can close the door?

Run it through the original boot... o_o

maseyferguson05
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
You might be a victim to V.B.A., or Violent Bass air. This is when the sound waves from the subwoofer vibrates the cone, causing distortion.
IT'S ITENSE!

On a real note... NO! Your subs aren't causing distortion. Your subs ARE the distortion. Xplods have really poor sound quality (which is why, for most people on this forum, they're a joke. Which is ironic since Sony's Home Audio stuff is good, but their car audio stuff is a joke.) Further more, the frequency that the subs would emit said pressure at would be at the same frequency as the song, so if anything, they're causing your rear deck to act as a sort of 6th order Band Pass passive radiator... which would actually look really cool and be really intricate.
Yep, i didn't buy them. Thats why i'm trying to replace them... I might as well just leave them in there and get a set of comps for the door and fad that **** to the front. Oh and there is no current speakers on the door now so...