PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse AVN726E - Anyone have any info?

m48xhp
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
http://ces.eclipse-avn.jp/

New AVN to be released. Has already won the CES innovation award, which is nothing new for Eclipse. I cant find anything on the unit, and I dont want to wait until CES!

I see it does have USB and flash GPS, but It also needs to have SQ settings that rival the DNX8120, 3D Maps, HD Radio, RDS, and add a little flash.

It looks promising, yet expensive.

6spdcoupe
01-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Wont be out for another month or two. I will post more pics and info tomorrow.

Lizardking
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm interested in this unit as well.

b8sah0l1c
01-10-2009, 05:35 PM
http://ces.eclipse-avn.jp/

New AVN to be released. Has already won the CES innovation award, which is nothing new for Eclipse. I cant find anything on the unit, and I dont want to wait until CES!

I see it does have USB and flash GPS, but It also needs to have SQ settings that rival the DNX8120, 3D Maps, HD Radio, RDS, and add a little flash.

It looks promising, yet expensive.

How do you know it is expensive? When did they announce the price? I think imma wait on the arrival of this unit before I decide on between the DNX8120.

m48xhp
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
How do you know it is expensive? When did they announce the price? I think imma wait on the arrival of this unit before I decide on between the DNX8120.

I said it looks expensive. I think if they come in around the same price as the 8120, i'll get one as well to replace the avn7000

kuhnhausen
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
The Price is $1,299.99 for the AVN726E. I Call Eclipse on 3 - 4 - 2009. Their tech support said that it had about everything. I asked if it had voice activation on the navigation and the blue tooth. They did not have voice activation/ voice command on the NAV and didn't know about the blue tooth.

Rich B
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
ECLIPSE New Flagship AVN726E Revitalizes the AVN Line and is Named Best of Innovations 2009 in Its Category

All Digital Video Circuitry Raises The Bar For Mobile Applications

January 06, 2009 07:00 PM Eastern Time (http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20090106005642/en)
TORRANCE, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News (http://eon.businesswire.com/))--FUJITSU TEN LIMITED, manufacturer of leading automotive electronics, announced today the AVN726E, its latest addition to the popular ECLIPSE brand of AVN products. ECLIPSE introduced the AVN concept of a head unit based of three core points of a perfect fit, comfort + awareness and integrated technology, in order to promote driving safety and comfort. Since 2004, ECLIPSE has put the AVN on the market, and has continuously received high evaluations. The AVN726E was named Best of Innovations 2009 in its category by the Consumer Electronics Association, as well as being chosen as an Innovations 2009 Design and Engineering Award Honoree.

“The award winning AVN726E sets the new benchmark in the industry for premium in-vehicle navigation and entertainment. This model represents one of the most refined systems on the market today”
The AVN726E is a next-generation AVN model that features all digital video circuitry and a 7.0” WQVGA high-contrast, high-visibility TFT display with day/night view modes that can be linked to the headlights for automatic activation. Navigational displays as well as multi-format audiovisual applications are now seen in high definition without any analog deterioration such as noise and smearing. The advanced digital image processing automatically adjusts outlining, color-depth and contrasts to make images more vivid.
Navigation
The AVN726E is the first AVN product with the map/navigation database pre-installed in its built-in 2GB flash memory. Updating maps is easy using an SD card. The AVN726E includes an SD card slot.
Entertainment
The AVN726E plays DVDs, DivX®, CDs including CD-R/RW and has a USB port for connecting devices so that MP3, WMA files can be played as well. An iPod® can be directly connected for audio and video playback. The AVN726E is ready for use with SIRIUS and XM tuners as well as HD RadioTM tuners (including iTunes® Tagging) options. Rear seat DVD entertainment capability is also included.
The AVN726E breaks new ground as the only integrated navigation, audio and visual entertainment product offering 6 preamp channel outputs at a high 5V output for high fidelity audio expansion options. To match the unit’s improved video performance, improved sound quality and lowered distortion was achieved using premium parts in crucial circuit locations.
Convenience and peace of mind
Bluetooth® wireless technology (including microphone) is built-in and offers audio streaming as well. Factory steering wheel control is possible (depending on car brand). The AVN726E has rear view camera capability. ECLIPSE’s proven ESN anti-theft measure is incorporated. The unit’s control button illumination can be switched from blue to red as preferred.
“The award winning AVN726E sets the new benchmark in the industry for premium in-vehicle navigation and entertainment. This model represents one of the most refined systems on the market today,” said Michael West, Marketing Director of ECLIPSE.
The AVN726E is scheduled to go on sale from April 2009. Suggested MSRP is not available at this time.

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/site/eon/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090106005642&newsLang=en

sdsurfer
03-08-2009, 05:36 PM
This is the newest Eclipse HDD unit in Japan ,the spec is very similar to CES announced US version , but it is retailed around $3400 US in Japan ,so I expect there will be knock off on the function of US version if it's retailed $1299.

http://www.fujitsu-ten.co.jp/eclipse/product/navi/avn778hd/

m48xhp
04-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Info is finally on their website.

Finally a vendor has it for sale on their website:
http://www.pacificstereo.com/eclipse-avn726e.html?gclid=CKaJnMm255kCFRYiagodEXacSA
They also say they have it in stock, but i dont really believe that.

Cant wait til it gets to ebay.

6spdcoupe
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
They have already started shipping.

braves6117
04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
From specs, I assume no digital output...:(

macq32
04-12-2009, 11:24 PM
why isnt there a nice double din active unit on the market??

2 Guard
04-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I am so waitin for this unit as well an i shop i work at should have them in by thursday of this week...but yes i wish i could use this active..

oachalon
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I did consider picking up one of these, but i got a great deal on a kenwood dnx 8120 and couldnt pass it up.

It does look like a solid unit though.

braves6117
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Bump it!

xx24xx
04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
This looks like a great unit. I'm curious how it measures up to Kenwood's new 9140. I think Eclipse's looks are a lot sexier.

m48xhp
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I am so waitin for this unit as well an i shop i work at should have them in by thursday of this week...but yes i wish i could use this active..

sweet. get us some pics and vids once you install it.

2 Guard
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Talk to eclipse 2day (not our rep) an they told us that we will have them in the shop on thursday..which means in my car by thursday night (lol). come on U.P.S

sarge_in
04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Looking for impressions from whoever gets these units! And any comparisons to the Kenwood 9140.

m48xhp
04-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Talk to eclipse 2day (not our rep) an they told us that we will have them in the shop on thursday..which means in my car by thursday night (lol). come on U.P.S

PICS/VIDS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? and info?

mgonzalez111@ao
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Hello! We're new to this site, but just bought and installed the new Eclipse AVN726E to our Hummer H2. Let me just say, we've done lots of comparing, and for the price and functions......way awesome! No problems, tons of functions....DVD, Nav, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc. All in one touch screen. the picture? Perfect for movies! A+++

2 Guard
04-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Looks like ECLIPES (fujitsu ten) was full of **** cuz we got nuttin as of yet.....hopefully this week i will keep you guys posted..

macq32
04-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello! We're new to this site, but just bought and installed the new Eclipse AVN726E to our Hummer H2. Let me just say, we've done lots of comparing, and for the price and functions......way awesome! No problems, tons of functions....DVD, Nav, bluetooth, back-up camera, etc. All in one touch screen. the picture? Perfect for movies! A+++

what are you going to do in a year when hummer no longer exists?

m48xhp
04-27-2009, 10:21 PM
what are you going to do in a year when hummer no longer exists?
I am not the person with the Hummer, but I dont understand your question.

I would assume nothing would happen. The car wont implode or get repossessed. They will keep driving it. The H2 is a GM vehicle, which means any warranty or factory work needed can still be done to it and parts must still be made for it for another 10 years. Even if GM dissolves, there will be back up from the government and the aftermarket.

So in short, I can answer the question for them.......they will do nothing. :rolleyes:

2 Guard
04-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Well they showed up today and all i have too say is holly **** this thing is bad ***.....

The navi is great an the display is crystal clear.

movies look great as well.. the i-pod works great/ pretty fast

the down side the EQ is very basic bass/mid/trouble. an of course you cant go active.
I will post pics in the morning along with more of a review.

sarge_in
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Yes, even though the 726E looks quite good, it is lacking a lot of advanced features. I downloaded manuals of both the 726E and the DNX9140 and did a quick read/compare. Overall, I much prefer the layout and menus etc of the Eclipse. Clean interface with well-placed buttons etc, whereas the 9140 is more complicated and not as intuitive. However the features are much better on the DNX9140. Here is a list of all that is missing from the 726E (pls correct if something is not right!):

Features AVN726E DNX9140
Time Alignment x Yes
Multi-Band EQ x Yes
Crossovers x Yes
2 USB Ports x Yes
USB + iPod Video together x Yes
USB Video x Yes
Dual Zone x Yes
5.1 Outputs x Yes
Voice Control x Yes
24 Bit DAC x Yes

The NAV on Kenwood is of course Garmin+Navteq; Eclipse has NAVTEQ maps on this, but s/w is not Garmin; which is not too bad as the maps will at least be more accurate than other units such as Alpine or Pioneer.

I will probably wait for the 9140 to see a demo if it becomes available and decide whether the interface can be lived with. If yes, I may go for the extra features, else get an eclipse.

Anyone know when the DNX9140 is being released?

Looking forward to hands-on reviews!

m48xhp
04-28-2009, 08:18 AM
i think ive gotten past the phase of needed all kinds of adjustments. I still have an Eclipse 30 band EQ that I can hook up to it if I feel I need it. Looks like ebay dealers have some so its only a matter of time til they get under $1000

sarge_in
05-01-2009, 12:19 PM
2 Guard - Do you get album art with the iPod? None of the pics in the manual show it, so I assumed no, but would like to hear first-hand confirmation.

Also, do you have the iPod connected for video? If yes, how are the controls etc for that?

macq32
05-01-2009, 01:46 PM
they will pay out there ******* to get it fixed when warranty isnt valid :fyi:

2 Guard
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry guy's it took so long but here are some pics.

sarge_in
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Cool! How about a review, and other questions in my post above ^

2 Guard
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry i must have missed your other post....i will be doing a review this weekend i have to go get a new I-POD i ran mine over ...let me go find your other ??? and i will answer them..

6spdcoupe
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Sooo ...

Harnesses are different. Map is not spot on accurate, but Very close. Visuals seem a bit cleaner, but very, very basic for the most part. Love your speed sense for tunnels and such with the 6620 ? All gone. No more speed sense.

GUI is simple, almost too simple. Then again there is not much to use on these.

Something is certainly different with the preout, although it does still claim 5V. Perhaps DACs were changed. Output is a bit lacking in contrast to the 6620, especially from the sub out.

Sub controls .. phase - reverse or normal, level - up or down, crossover on or off. Dunno what the 'crossover' point is though.

EQ is 3 band as already seen and known with a few pre selected using just those three bands.

Helped finish this one today, I imagine the owner is going back to his 6620 or something else ..

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2357.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2358.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2359.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2360.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2361.jpg

6spdcoupe
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2362.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2363.jpgFAIL !!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/6spdcoupe/IMG_2364.jpg

sarge_in
05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Nice pics! You mean he preferred the 6620 to this?

I like the interface a lot. Simple and easy to use, but it is missing good SQ features.

Surprised at what you say about the sound. The preouts on this are supposed to be 8V - technically better than the 5V. If you get a chance to compare this to the Kenwood units, do let us know. As of now I am leaning towards the Kenwood dnx9140..

6spdcoupe
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice pics! You mean he preferred the 6620 to this?

I like the interface a lot. Simple and easy to use, but it is missing good SQ features.

Surprised at what you say about the sound. The preouts on this are supposed to be 8V - technically better than the 5V. If you get a chance to compare this to the Kenwood units, do let us know. As of now I am leaning towards the Kenwood dnx9140..

Flexibility wise, yes.

No they are supposed to be 5V, not 8. Which is only the CD7200. Not sure where you found 8, but perhaps a typo.

Ill take my current 8120 over the 726 anyday in a heartbeat. I dumped my 6620 in favor of it.

sarge_in
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
You are right - it is 5V. Good to know the preference for 8120; feel better about my decision to go with 9140 now :)

xx24xx
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I am dissapointed that the 726e is lacking this much. Even the 7200 is missing or lacking. I wonder if all these companies are holding back and budgeting due to the economy? Well since Alpine decided not to correct the W505 and simply added the P1 option, it looks like Kenwood will take a very strong lead.

reg442
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
i've been following your comments and i must give my input.. i was the 1st person in pgh to install this unit in my truck, and i was a little diappointed. i got it @ a good deal because i traded in my 6620 with the shop that i deal with. i miss my 6620, although the bluetooth is great, i like the 6620 navi is better, but the 726 is ok... a big DOWN GRADE in sound from the 6620.. i had to re adjust my jl 1000/1 and my e4300 just to get close to the same sound.. the sub pre out is no way in the world a 5v... also wish that you could change the backgrounds and start up screens like the kenwoods.. steering wheel controls are simple to connect to oem controls.. a++ on that.. usb reads 16gig card with no problem a++ didnt use the ipod yet.. ive had it installed since 5-4-09 and am bored of it already.. someone help me on changing the background. eclipse tech said they will release the info in a month.. doubt that...
thanks for your time

SRim23
05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm this thread got me thinking. I was going to pull the trigger on this unit tonight but once 6spd said hed take the 8120 over this it got me reconsidering.....

anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

6spdcoupe
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
It is a Really easy decision for the 8120 over the 726. However if a former 8120 owner and going to the 9140 it will take a bit of getting used to. :(

forbidden
05-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Installing one into a Mazda 3 today, steering wheel control, sirius and ipod controls. We will see what it has to offer vs. the 6620.

SRim23
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
It is a Really easy decision for the 8120 over the 726. However if a former 8120 owner and going to the 9140 it will take a bit of getting used to. :(

why exactly do you think the 8120 is better than the 726? strictly the eq and TA or are there other factors involved?

goondog
05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
FWIW
I am having this installed into a new toyota with backup cam, sirius, iphone/ipod, overhead monitor, steering wheel control.
I played with a demo unit attached to an ignition switch and i have to say it booted up in about 3 seconds. I was going to put a kenwood 6140 in but it took about 15-25 seconds to boot and the interface seemed a little busy.
The boot up time is a huge factor as the boss didnt want to wait around for the backup cam signal to come on.
My main concern is that since the eclipse uses navtech how does this compare to garmins setup (easy of use/poi etc)?

6spdcoupe
05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
FWIW
I am having this installed into a new toyota with backup cam, sirius, iphone/ipod, overhead monitor, steering wheel control.
I played with a demo unit attached to an ignition switch and i have to say it booted up in about 3 seconds. I was going to put a kenwood 6140 in but it took about 15-25 seconds to boot and the interface seemed a little busy.
The boot up time is a huge factor as the boss didnt want to wait around for the backup cam signal to come on.
My main concern is that since the eclipse uses navtech how does this compare to garmins setup (easy of use/poi etc)?

Boot up is certainly longer with the Kenwood, although there is more to it to do.

Rear camera does not require a boot up- wait time. It is instant as you go into reverse regardless of being booted or not.

They both use Navteq for mapping.

goondog
05-30-2009, 04:04 PM
i was pretty sure that kenwood uses garmin for GPS systems.
that was one of its biggest selling points.

ill try to find some info on other navtech systems to see how what people think.

6spdcoupe
05-30-2009, 04:29 PM
i was pretty sure that kenwood uses garmin for GPS systems.
that was one of its biggest selling points.

ill try to find some info on other navtech systems to see how what people think.

Garmin - technology/function

Navteq - mapping.

Both use Navteq.

6spdcoupe
05-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Built-In Navigation

Navigation: With built-in Garmin navigation technology and NAVTEQ mapping software, the Kenwood DNX8120 features on-screen maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico which includes over 6 million Points of Interest. You can follow calculated on-screen routes to your destination using the headunit's built-in navigation software. As you travel, the DNX8120's navigation system guides you to your destination with voice prompts, arrows, and directions along the top of the map. If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. Your route is marked with a highlighted line and an arrow, while your destination is marked with a checkered flag.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX8120/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX8120.html?tp=20212&tab=detailed_info

reg442
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
another thing that bothers me about the avn726e is that i have 2 12" flipdown monitors for the kids and on my 6620 you used to be able to let them watch a dvd played on the hu and use the wireless head phones and i could listen to the radio or ipod. now its the movie or nothing!! that *****. and if your watching a movie and the phone rings the bluetooth shuts everything down, rear monitors and all.. never happened on my 6620.. i got a 726e for sale.. lol.. should have gone kenwood dnx9140.. and gps looses signal a lot, antenna in the same location as my 6620.. not too bad until the lady cuts in and says gps signal lost every time that it is lost.. and you can tell the time unless you are connected with the navigation.. just over all not happy with unit ..

goondog
06-02-2009, 11:51 AM
crap!!
the installer that i have chosen said that i would have no problem running dvd from HU and listening to ipod/sirius at the same time.
guess ill have to recheck this and make sure.
I chose monitors instead of dvd players in the back but if this is a no go i might get the player instead.
thanks for the heads up.
is there any attributes of the eclipse that you like over the kenwood?

reg442
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
yes recheck, cause i did it everyday with the6620, i can't do it with the 726e.. maybe something isnt hooked up right. im going to take it back to my installer and check as well.. as far as attributes, the interface is more simple and easy to use.. thats about it.. and it was a single wire connection that lets me use my steering wheel controls.. thats cool. not sure on if its that easy or possible with the kenwood.. i will find out soon as i got my 726e online for sale and if it goes for 900 im getting the kenwood...

goondog
06-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Im having the install shop recheck and maybe even set it up and make sure before it goes in. He said he was 99% sure that you can.
The more i read about the pros of the unit i think i see just as many cons.

Im a little torn as the install shop doesnt carry kenwood so dont know if i can twist their arm and go with a 8120. They probably will balk because of warranty issues etc.
The reasons i liked the eclipse was the 7" size, basic menus (for the wife) ,quick startup, clear sounding bluetooth, backup cam and easy nav interface. Dont know if the same price range kenwood can do all that. Ill have to research further. im paying about $1100 for the eclipse!!
thanks for the help again.

reg442
06-02-2009, 02:35 PM
let me know how that works out because my tech said it is no way to mess up the install on it.. i need to know cause it is a killer for me.. the kids hate when i get a call... lol i was looking to do the dnx9140 which is a lot more than the eclipse about 1400-1700... the start up on the eclipse is quick, but the navi boot is slow everytime you accept... about 20 sec..

goondog
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
will do. i agree the BT call issue would be a dealkiller. not acceptable for the kind of $$ im paying. i guess i could just have the kids run the monitor via the monitor inputs only, but we dont always have a portable dvd player or ipod in car. Ideally we would like that flexibility to control it from the HU.

looked at the 8120 and looks like it compares well except maybe more as i would need to add bt cables etc. Hopefully they can do it if i want as they are the only decent installer in area .
Ill post once i know more.thanks.

sarge_in
06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
As far as I know, the 726E does not have this feature (called Dual Zone). I went through the online manual a while back, and there was no mention of this, and the dealer I work with agreed that it does not have it. So you will not be able to run 2 a/v sources at the same time.

6spdcoupe
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
will do. i agree the BT call issue would be a dealkiller. not acceptable for the kind of $$ im paying. i guess i could just have the kids run the monitor via the monitor inputs only, but we dont always have a portable dvd player or ipod in car. Ideally we would like that flexibility to control it from the HU.

looked at the 8120 and looks like it compares well except maybe more as i would need to add bt cables etc. Hopefully they can do it if i want as they are the only decent installer in area .
Ill post once i know more.thanks.

For BT there is nothing extra to buy for the 8120/9140. BT is fully integrated.

reg442
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
no dual zone!!! my local dealer doesnt know anything.. he said it did but when i took it back and i printed out the insane 239 or pages of a manual that you have to download from eclipse site, that says nothing about dual zone.. flat out wont return it.. i feel sorry for who ever bought this unit.. my prayers are with you..

goondog
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
reg442. i owe you a drink!
just about to get this unit but i will now go kenwood.
dealer confirmed no dual zone but had to call eclipse and read manual to get info.
i convinced them to install kenwood. but they are pushing clarion (?!)
need to make a choice on the which kenwood and everyone points to the 8120 in the ~$1k range.
im sure youll find a home for your eclipse.
thanks again.

reg442
06-02-2009, 10:48 PM
goondog, no problem @ all..
i'm glad i was able to help.. just wished i had help a month ago.... lol

gungaslow
06-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Is there any way to load a custom startup screen or custom wallpapers on the AVN726E ????????

m48xhp
06-20-2009, 01:19 AM
so, bad news. procrastinating either was good or will get me into trouble, cause i'll probably get an AVIC Z110BT instead.