PDA

View Full Version : dead battery

CaviHitts
01-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I have been out of town for over a week and during my trip, I've had a relative keeping a check on my house/ car. My car battery is dead. I have a Viper 791 with a back up battery for the brain (I think its a 520T). What should I expect? From what I have read, the alarm will probably go off when I hook up a new batt.Would I need to put the alarm in valet mode and Is there a way to do this from the remote? I have the piezo sirens and I would like to avoid them. Also, what do I need to do after the battery is connected? Do I just take it out of valet mode and everything else will be fine, like the way it was or do have to reprogram something?

I did not install the alarm myself while I'm not a technical idiot, I am a newbie especially with alarms. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect

Thanks in advance

audioatg
01-04-2009, 12:52 PM
If thats the correct model number on the alarm. You could go to viper's website and look up the instruction book on the alarm for it. Would tell you all you need to know about it. Anyways Im saying that the alram is going to go off once you hook the battery up. You could make less nosiy and diconnect the horn ground wire just until you can get it turned off. Im thinking you are right about the valet mode but not 100% sure on it.

CaviHitts
01-08-2009, 01:00 PM
I got past the alarm but I can not start the car. I am jumping it off and I get power it just won't start. Have I missed something?