PDA

View Full Version : Make kickpanels or no??

*Ace*
12-31-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm wondering if i should go through the trouble of making kickpanels or not. One, i'm afraid I'm going to end up kicking them and messing up my speakers, and two, I'm just wondering if the results are worth all the work that goes into them. If I don't do them the speakers will go in the door with the tweets in the a pillar. what do you think? are they worth it? i got the 6.5" image dynamics speakers from woofersetc.com for $179

gangstajpimpin
01-01-2009, 02:59 AM
its up to you...do you want to spend the time making the kicks?? you wont mess up your speakers if you build them right and use speaker grills :) lol...unless intentional

BushJ311
01-01-2009, 03:03 AM
you would be happy either way. but it would be fun to make kicks.

atsaubrey
01-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Too bad you already bought the dirvers. Horns are much simpler than kicks and once you get horny, you'll always be horny. :D

Adnan
01-01-2009, 03:16 AM
i never was a big fan of kicks...people from another forum told me it improves the sound imaging since the midbass is better positioned then a door...also you get a better "sealed" effect which improves bass response

my biggest concern was always loosing leg room..driving a pathfinder and a windstar...neither
space room for kicks :(

shaneb
01-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Mid's are made for IB installs :D
I have those same speakers, I sold my tweets for horns :D.
I would say unless it will WAY improve your speaker path lengths,. don't bother. You can fix your image with some tricks.
Those are great entry level speakers,. you will love the tweets, I had them installed for about 3 weeks before I sold them.

*Ace*
01-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Mid's are made for IB installs :D
I have those same speakers, I sold my tweets for horns :D.
I would say unless it will WAY improve your speaker path lengths,. don't bother. You can fix your image with some tricks.
Those are great entry level speakers,. you will love the tweets, I had them installed for about 3 weeks before I sold them.

Hows the midbass? Can they be crossed over at the 60hz range well, or should i stick to 80?

atsaubrey
01-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Stick with 80hz for sure