PDA

View Full Version : # of preamp outputs

thebooneman
12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
I presently have a JVC head unit with 2 preamp outputs going to a 5 channel amp putting out signal for 2 pairs of component speakers and a sub. The guy who installed it all said that i could not turn up the sub level very high because it could damage some of the speakers not to mention that i can't control the sub level to begin with from the head unit because there is no preamp output for the sub. When i want to listen to hip/hop music and set the head unit to hip/hop mode to get the most out of my sub i feel like i may be damaging some of my components. What's the whole scoop on all of this? Also, i am looking into getting more bass out of my system, should i get a new head unit w/ 3 preamps so i can control the sub by itself? Lastly, if there are 3 preamps does it mean that the low frequency signal will not be sent to the front and rear speakers and just the sub possibly producing better sound?

1rockford1
12-31-2008, 01:28 PM
when u can control your sub stage thats a good thing.More or less its like a volume control for your sub.

Adnan
12-31-2008, 06:42 PM
it depends weather your deck has a sub volume control or not...if it does you have a pair of rca dedicated uniquely for the sub
even if you have 3 pre outs it doesnt necessarily mean 1 of them will control the lower frequencies...it has to be marked for the sub
i recommend you get a quality deck with 3 pre outs with sub volume control
look for a eclipse/alpine model you should be able to find something with 4v +