PDA

View Full Version : memphis msq's vs alpine type x

alfonsoleo
12-31-2008, 12:19 AM
A buddy of mine is going to get a set of components for his suv to add along with 2 15" l7 KICKERS and two 1000d kicker amps. and he asked me what would go best with his l7s and i could make up my mind anybody have any input?:D

ROY ROBLES
01-01-2009, 01:57 PM
there is no best anything.... find something you like and use it..... once again there is no best anything...

Annnarbor84
01-01-2009, 01:59 PM
I personally heard a set of Memphis M Class, they sounded great in my opinion:)

hatemonger
01-01-2009, 02:01 PM
either of those sound pretty good. with fronts, it's far more personal than with subs. some like harsh tweeters, some like smooth. many variables. just don't get cheap brands.

dafobbishon3
01-01-2009, 02:01 PM
yes yes. memphis m class.
i went to an authorized dealer of memphis. and i saw these components and they are NICEEEEE. the m class is a great model. they too sound AMAZING. everything is clear. it has a more realistic sound. vocals are nice. and it hits those highs nice

hatemonger
01-01-2009, 02:08 PM
yes yes. memphis m class.
i went to an authorized dealer of memphis. and i saw these components and they are NICEEEEE. the m class is a great model. they too sound AMAZING. everything is clear. it has a more realistic sound. vocals are nice. and it hits those highs nice

by you saying that it "hits those highs nice", is dangerously close to sounding like they would be harsh to me, especially the super high from the tweeter. i like silk personally. not sure if either has a silk tweeter.

dafobbishon3
01-01-2009, 02:13 PM
by you saying that it "hits those highs nice", is dangerously close to sounding like they would be harsh to me, especially the super high from the tweeter. i like silk personally. not sure if either has a silk tweeter.

yeah. that is trueeee.^^
but for silk tweeeters. i know for sure that arc audio ( VERY good brand. and also under rated) have silk tweeters. i was goin to get the arc Foose 6000 and also because they are discontinuing it for the 2009. that silk tweeter is nice. it is LOUD.
i was contemplating between between the Foose or the boston SX60 but i think im going to go boston just for a better SQ imo.

hatemonger
01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah. that is trueeee.^^
but for silk tweeeters. i know for sure that arc audio ( VERY good brand. and also under rated) have silk tweeters. i was goin to get the arc Foose 6000 and also because they are discontinuing it for the 2009. that silk tweeter is nice. it is LOUD.
i was contemplating between between the Foose or the boston SX60 but i think im going to go boston just for a better SQ imo.

i always have to "eq" my tweeters down a little, no matter what set it is. i listen to alot of metal, and it can get painful at high volumes to me.

randizzl23
01-01-2009, 02:20 PM
nahh go with o2 componets an o2 tweeters or seleniem componst there soo loud an clear its insane lil pricey but there well worth it