PDA

View Full Version : Polk MOMO? Infinity Reference?

bumpinthanite
08-04-2003, 10:55 AM
I am looking to upgrade from my coaxials (kappas) to some components. I have had the Polk MOMO and the Infinity Reference reccomended to me, and both sound nice. Does anyone have any opinions on these two? or any experience with the two...

Also, due to the cost of components and amp needed, I was wondering if it would sound good if I just had the components up front and kept my Kappas in the back of the car. I just wanna know if the sound would be significantly better, w/o having to change the back speakers too. The car is a 2000 Cougar, so it's small inside, if that makes any difference to you guys

Thanks a lot.

=-= colin-=-

EVOECLIPSE
08-04-2003, 05:17 PM
most people will only run front componet speakers. and leave the back regular.... you do have subs correct??? but anyways if your going to stick to infinity i would either go with kappa perfects or MOMO's they would be your higher end infinity componets. personally i would choose the perfects if that makes a difference to you :D

Bavarian3
08-05-2003, 03:08 AM
U wont need anything in the back with a nice component set in the front powered by an amp. I hear Infinity perfects have harsh tweeters.

bumpinthanite
08-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I was scared at the thought of hearing that it would be better to have components all around...thank god that's not the case.

Q45guy
08-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Personally I like the soft highs of the Infinity Reference series from a couple years back. I have a set of 6-1/2" component sets in my doors and a set of 5-1/4" coaxials on the rear deck. The sound on them is so rich and clean. To me the Kappa series sound ok....but a shrill for my tastes. Kinda reminds me of how cheap Piezo tweeters sound when their turned up too high. I say go with some of the older style Reference components....the ones with the silk dome tweeter.

phoenix808
08-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I have a set of polk momo's mm6's. I love the sound of them. They are bright on the highs (as stated above, Infinity highs are a bit softer), but that's what I prefer.

I definitely found them miles beyond other speaks i listened to...but that's just mho. happy shopping.

SPLThunder
08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Why not just amp the kappas you have right now. It would be the cheapest route and you would still have great speakers.

denim
08-06-2003, 02:00 PM
or you could skip all that and look in to Crystal componets, they are excellent for the money

bumpinthanite
08-06-2003, 02:33 PM
What about some of the stuff Diamond Audio has to offer? I have heard their coaxials, and they were pretty nice...do they have any components that are nice for the cash?

mjjstang
08-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Yah I am looking at the Diamond Audio Hex series. A few people have reccomended them to me. They look like a nice set of comps.

Blazin Civic
08-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Well I just got rid of my infinity references. The mids on them ****. These CDT HDs are like a night and day difference. Between the two I woukd go with kicker components over the infinity.

denim
08-08-2003, 01:29 PM
good point the kicker resolutions are great components for the money and can stay with the top end comps for the most part