PDA

View Full Version : Question?

EL Diablo X
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I have the Jensen VM9512. Good unit for what it is. Features work fine I read about the low pre-amp volts haven't tried any external amps off this unit yet but I have a 6 channel line driver so I'm not worried about that. My issue is when it is cold and the unit is retracting it makes this clicking sound. Now it is only when it is cold and going back in, coming out it is fine. If I let the car warm up or driving for a while it goes in fine no clicking sound. Could it be an expansion / contraction thing with the heat/cold? Anyone have this issue? :confused:

eharri3
12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I have the Jensen VM9512. Good unit for what it is. Features work fine I read about the low pre-amp volts haven't tried any external amps off this unit yet but I have a 6 channel line driver so I'm not worried about that. My issue is when it is cold and the unit is retracting it makes this clicking sound. Now it is only when it is cold and going back in, coming out it is fine. If I let the car warm up or driving for a while it goes in fine no clicking sound. Could it be an expansion / contraction thing with the heat/cold? Anyone have this issue? :confused:

Been awhile since I had a a Jenson.(LONG while) But my impression of why they've been able to be so cheap with comparable features to others is just basic build quality and 'sturdiness'