PDA

View Full Version : port tuning?????

EVOECLIPSE
08-04-2003, 09:35 AM
ok i was going to make a small sealed box from my 10" L7.... but now i am thinking about going to a ported box.... i do not understand the port tuning subject..... how does one figure this out.... does anyone have a 10"L7... how big should i make the box and what should i tune it too???? i am going for a SQ and i have an extened cab truck..... so size is kinda an issue..

later on

EVOECLIPSE
08-04-2003, 09:41 AM
i listen to every type of music..... i would prolly listen to some bass cd's on this new box.... but prolly not that much as listening to rap and rock and every other type just a lil more info for ya's

EVOECLIPSE
08-04-2003, 04:56 PM
i will be running the sub at 4 ohms so the amp will only push 600 watts.... and the sub rms is 600 watts 1000 max..... but i am not for sure about any demisions as of yet.... the sub is on its way and i have the amp already.... i cant decided if i want to put the sub in a ported box or a sealed box... sealed is about 5 times easier. but with a ported box ya get "more" bass.

hotown
09-10-2003, 11:57 PM
try fiberglass, you can cover more area...just a thought if you ever wanted to give it a try, its easier than it sounds.