PDA

View Full Version : Clarion MAX385VD

j_alexander
12-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Im looking in to this unit, and am possibly looking to buy it. So i was just wondering if any of you on here have any experience with this unit and could offer any helpful advice.

j_alexander
12-30-2008, 01:44 AM
no-one?

j_alexander
01-02-2009, 11:52 PM
putting it back ttt

hondarider
01-03-2009, 12:38 AM
No experience with it but looks to be a decent very basic touch screen unit. Doesn't have a whole lot of features. It does look like a very good price tho from a reputable brand.

j_alexander
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
No experience with it but looks to be a decent very basic touch screen unit. Doesn't have a whole lot of features. It does look like a very good price tho from a reputable brand.

thats what im thinking but does anyone have one or had one?

phattpat
01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I just installed one in one of our Sema Challengers this passed October. Very nice unit! I like it because it is very well layed out and simple to use. If you need a no-frills, easy to use unit, this is a nice one to use. My only issue with it is ejecting discs. On my Alpine W200 (in my personal car), when you press the open/eject button, the monitor slides open and the disc automatically ejects. With the Clarion, after press the open/eject button, you have to press another eject button that is behind the monitor, next to the cd slot. Minor issue, but just wanted to be honest about it! Good luck with your decision...

bikinpunk
02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
pat, how do you like the ipod controls of this unit compared to the w200?