PDA

View Full Version : Popping Sound

fpaiy
12-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi, I kept having this Popping sound which appears to be coming from the tweeter whenever i turn the volume up after a certain level without amp.

Now with the amp installed, the popping sound start from a lower volume.
Does it mean the speakers are unable to support or clipping has occurs( amp does not have sufficent power to power the speaker)?
Thanks.

Speaker :CDT cl-61i
Amp: Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0:4

Compjake
12-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I have the same problem on the tweets from my old SSL 3 1/2 speakers.. All I could do to fix it was turn my Treb down on my HU. Odds are the tweeter just cant handle the power.

skadude016
12-29-2008, 10:35 AM
more than likely you have something on the amp not dialed in correctly

Compjake
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I thought the same, but Ive never seen tweeters popping unless you play bass notes(with no crossover) or over power them.. or them being **** tweets lol

kmanian
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
X-over is to low, or they are biting the dust.

Etac
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
i had the same problem with a ****** sony amp.. only did it on one channel, i thought it was the tweeter or crossover, but i tried it on a different set of speakers.. same thing.. just how the amp was.. i *heard* it has to do with the amp not being able to handle the impedance change.. but it basically sounds like the tweeter bottoming out

fpaiy
12-31-2008, 06:43 AM
I have adjust the amp and it solve the problem. The bass boost have actually caused the tweeter unable to take the low frequency. Now the sound is cleaner than previously.