PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

HNaga
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I was reading some posts about comp speakers , I found some say that Infinity is bad and does not deserve the paid money, and others say infinity is better than Alpine Type-S and Type-R.!!

Anther question , what specs should I look for if I'm looking for SQ speakers.
Can good speakers replace the sub as some speaker can handle low freqs?

Compjake
12-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Im waiting for my set of infinity 3 1/2's to show up so I dont have any personal experience but my brother who hits 150db with a 2000 watt amp + 3 12's likes them. he used to run 2-3 of there subs before we switched to RE. Now there speakers may be **** and subs great but I have no clue. I would guess if they make decent subs there speakers are decent also.

And personally, no. No speakers can replace a sub for the SQ of bass, unless your using a **** sub and have it setup wrong a sub should sound much better. again, thats only my opinion.

eharri3
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
You can play full range bass on car speakers all day long if you wish. It won't be as loud or as deep as if you had a sub and you'll probably have to keep the volume really low. They can get loud, or they can play half-way decent bass. Unless you're spending ALOT of money it's one or the other, not both.

I have heard Infinity references lack midbass and can be hard to blend with a sub in an SQ setup, but Infinity Kappas are a different story.

Compjake
12-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Hah, they are Infinity Reference 3 1/2 inch.. they don't lack mid bass, they have NO mid bass lol.

James Bang
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Hah, they are Infinity Reference 3 1/2 inch.. they don't lack mid bass, they have NO mid bass lol.

were you expecting midbass from 3.5" speakers??

ballstothewall
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Certainly aren't going to get it from a 3.5" in a car environment, now a house, that's a different story if you have room to spare...

JimJ
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Can good speakers replace the sub as some speaker can handle low freqs?

Yes, but it'll involve a good amount of deadening, sealing the door panel, and potentially going with an active 3-way front stage in order to get midbasses large enough.

No speakers can replace a sub for the SQ of bass,

I can think of a couple setups that prove that wrong :)

Compjake
12-29-2008, 06:26 PM
That was only my opinion, but then again I'm 19 and only done 2 full sub installs and helped tune 2-3 dozen setups from family members and friends. so what do I know right? xD

Zip_Loc
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
That was only my opinion, but then again I'm 19 and only done 2 full sub installs and helped tune 2-3 dozen setups from family members and friends. so what do I know right? xD

You know 24 to 36 people with subwoofers that are related to you? ...Im not gonna say it but I know someone will...

Compjake
01-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Heh, no I dont. but I do know 24-36 people who needed help including family.