PDA

View Full Version : Oz audio or JL c5's

trabadoor22
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Initially I was only looking at Jl because I have been happy with them in the past, but you guys put some thoughts in my head to check out other speakers. Well that's what I have been doing. I have always heard great things about Oz audio and I might be able to get a set of the ME cs180's. Since I can't listen to the OZ's before I buy, I was wondering how they would stack up against the Jl c5's. I am happy with the Jl xr's midrange, but would like a little smoother tweeter and I could always use more midbass. Thanks for any help.

WhoSayWho?
12-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Are you aware that Oz is out of business? Personally, if the price was right I would still go with the Oz .

RetroAudioinc
12-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I have a 12 ozaudio sub I must say its one of best looking and built subs I have seen. ***** they went under they looked to of made a heck of sub I have not installed it yet but reviews for them look good. Like WhoSayWho? said if the price is right I would go for it.

trabadoor22
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Ya that is one of the downsides with Oz, but I have always been interested in them and I found a pair for sale.

SirSyko
12-29-2008, 05:46 PM
I just sold a set on ebay. They are the second best speakers I owned to date. My favorite part was the smooth midrange. I could listen to these speakers for a long time without a headache. The tweeters are good as well but they have their own flavor to them. Still they are very smooth sounding speakers overall with a sound that is closer to neutral than warm or cold. Also be prepared to give them a good amount of power because these things get very loud, possibly louder than the boston Pros Ive owned.

trabadoor22
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Sweet, I actually just bought a pair off ebay yesterday. I will be coming from Jl audio xr's so I am expecting quite a difference in sound character since they seem to be described very differently. I've just heard so many nice things about them that I wanted to try them out. I figure worst case if they aren't for me then I can sell them.