PDA

View Full Version : avh-p4000dvd e-brake bypass

orangecounty1
12-27-2008, 09:37 AM
i installed one for my friend, and i think its weird how you have to bypass the e-brake on these....you cant just ground it, you have to hook it to a toggle switch... if u turn it on and the e brake is grounded, youll only get sound, no video.

what you have to do is hook a ground to a toggle, and the e brake to the toggle. u have to have the switch OFF, so the e brake ISNT grounded upon turning on the HU. then once the HU is on, you can flip the switch to ground the e brake wire, then itll let you watch videos with the e-brake not engaged.

weird.

oh, and installing one of these in a scion tc has to be the easiest thing ever lol....you use the factory brakets on the stock pioneer HU, and the screw directly to the new pioneer and bolts right up perfect

1rockford1
12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
thats crazy i was a little unsure how to do that for nother deck . i had to help out some one yesterday ,and thats how i did it. we had one with a led so i had to run a 12v to the switch. to bad there was a issue with the deck . im goin to help again in the next hour or so.

orangecounty1
12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
nice

1rockford1
12-27-2008, 09:59 AM
nice

well this is the idea i get some food in me im kinda under the weather throat ,stomache thing goin on . then were gona take out the deck we put in last min yesterday put back his dvd deck and wire it up. its not seeing the cd or dvds it might be on its way out. im gona hook him up with a deck to put in the car cuz the one he has in now for some reason has very little output it sounds like there is a issue with the rca input. i wana go over that anyways. were did u mount the switch? its allways fun when u mount switch

orangecounty1
12-27-2008, 10:05 AM
i put his switch in the glove box along with his ipod wire from the HU (there was a hole from behind the radio, into the glove box) so i ran the wires through that.

and btw, i didnt understand one thing you said except "where did you mount the switch"

lol

1rockford1
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
hahah my bad i been up not feelin good im sick lol. i was sayin im goin to get something to eat. the dvd deck did not work right yesterday so we put a old school deck he had in his basment in the car.I have a deck that is alittle bit better so if the dvd deck still does not work im gona give him my deck i have no use for lol. sorry

dynamcpunk
12-27-2008, 10:15 AM
I just bought the little box off of ebay and it works fine. No having to mess with a toggle switch or anything.

1rockford1
12-27-2008, 10:17 AM
its fun to wire up a switch there is some cool one's out there. what u pay for that "box'?

orangecounty1
12-27-2008, 10:20 AM
what box did you get?

he had a switch in the car on his remote wire he used with the stock HU, so we took that off since the new radio has a remote wire he hooked it to that, and we used his switch for the ebrake. before with the stock HU, he had his amps remote wire hooked to the battery, on a toggle switch, rather than trying to tap into the factory wiring and fking something up

dynamcpunk
12-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I got the box for like $15, I just got off of ebay when I got my 4000. mine is also in a Scion.

dynamcpunk
12-27-2008, 10:30 AM
It's kind of like this one but mine is all black with no light on it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-VIDEO-LOCKOUT-BYPASS-AVH-P4000DVD-AVH-P5000DVD_W0QQitemZ200279509087QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7 9835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

orangecounty1
12-27-2008, 10:44 AM
the switch was $1

:)

dynamcpunk
12-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I just didn't want to have to mess with it.