PDA

View Full Version : On most headunits..

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
is there a way to set a maximum volume? mine goes up to 80 but anything past 60 is distorted so i wanna set the max at 60 but i cant find how to do it in the instruction manual

but heres another question.. so i said my volume maxes out at 60.. but my bass doesnt max out until around 70.. how can i make it so that if i set my max volume at 60 my bass will also be maxed out at 60 volume

blackbonnie
12-26-2008, 09:05 PM
i have never heard of a feature like that, so im not sure if there is one, but you could always mess your EQ's, or if your speakers are amped then set your gains properly

squeak9798
12-26-2008, 09:08 PM
is there a way to set a maximum volume? mine goes up to 80 but anything past 60 is distorted so i wanna set the max at 60 but i cant find how to do it in the instruction manual

It's called self control and not allowing anyone else to touch your volume control :)

I'm assuming you are powering speakers off of the headunit, they are what's distorting?

so i said my volume maxes out at 60.. but my bass doesnt max out until around 70.. how can i make it so that if i set my max volume at 60 my bass will also be maxed out at 60 volume

If the subwoofer is powered by an amplifier, set the gain using volume 60 instead of 70.

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:09 PM
i have never heard of a feature like that, so im not sure if there is one, but you could always mess your EQ's, or if your speakers are amped then set your gains properly

ok well how could i get my bass to max out quicker? like right now my bass maxes out at 70 vol.. what can i adjust to make it max out at 60 vol? so basically get a higher bass per volume ratio if you get what i mean

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 09:10 PM
turn it to i would say 55 and tune your amp at that volume and go from there.

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
It's called self control and not allowing anyone else to touch your volume control :)

I'm assuming you are powering speakers off of the headunit, they are what's distorting?

If the subwoofer is powered by an amplifier, set the gain using volume 60 instead of 70.

speakers are powered by a factory amp.. so i cant adjust the gains on that one but thats fine cuz they get plenty loud.. but i dont really get what you mean by setting the gain of my hifonics at volume 60 instead of 70..? what gain is it on my amp i want to change? level? phase? bass eq? sub sonic? low pass?

squeak9798
12-26-2008, 09:12 PM
If those are the labels on the amplifier......it would be "level"

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 09:13 PM
speakers are powered by a factory amp.. so i cant adjust the gains on that one but thats fine cuz they get plenty loud.. but i dont really get what you mean by setting the gain of my hifonics at volume 60 instead of 70..? what gain is it on my amp i want to change? level? phase? bass eq? sub sonic? low pass?

turn your volume on your deck and tune your amp if u start to hear your subs sound like crap turn it down. You wana send as much clean power to your subs bro.

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:34 PM
turn your volume on your deck and tune your amp if u start to hear your subs sound like crap turn it down. You wana send as much clean power to your subs bro.

ok now i get it.. thanks

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 09:36 PM
yea your just lookin to get the best sound out of your subs at the loudest u can turn your deck to be for it sounds like ***. Its ok to turn your deck up just dont go full tilt and no bass boost.

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:41 PM
yea your just lookin to get the best sound out of your subs at the loudest u can turn your deck to be for it sounds like ***. Its ok to turn your deck up just dont go full tilt and no bass boost.

ya i have my bass/mid/treb all at their highest setting... non-fader also at highest setting...

so lets say after vol 60 on my deck the vol starts to sound like ****.. so then i want to set my vol at 60 and increase the level on my amp until the sub starts to sound like ****?

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 09:45 PM
well its 80% of the max volume i just say 60 that should be cool. u should never max anything out bro. Some times its hard for people to hear if there stuff is sounding bad or its clipping. if your bass on your deck should not be up all the way . you really gota fine tune this wait to tomrrow get out there start fresh everything at 0 and go from there. if your amp has a subsonic option set it 10 hz lower then what your box is tune to. low pass at 80hz or so. and go from there no bass boost and level / gain off and go from there. look for volt drops as well use a dmm or check to see if u get dimming bro. good luck

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:49 PM
well its 80% of the max volume i just say 60 that should be cool. u should never max anything out bro. Some times its hard for people to hear if there stuff is sounding bad or its clipping. if your bass on your deck should not be up all the way . you really gota fine tune this wait to tomrrow get out there start fresh everything at 0 and go from there. if your amp has a subsonic option set it 10 hz lower then what your box is tune to. low pass at 80hz or so. and go from there no bass boost and level / gain off and go from there. look for volt drops as well use a dmm or check to see if u get dimming bro. good luck

hmm well my mid/bass/treb/non-fade of my HU settings all go from -6 to 6.. i have all of them on 6.. i should turn them down and adjust the gains on my amp instead? what do i turn them down to?

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 09:56 PM
set them to 0 i would say bass no more then + 2, then u have to see what sounds good to u dont maxs out everthing.. and set your amp bro the way i said. subsonic 10 hz lower then what your box is tune to, low pass 80 hz no bass boost and gain/level at low and go from there. deck at 80% max volume and go from there. look for dimming and major volt drops .

Death_by_Bass
12-26-2008, 09:58 PM
hmm well my mid/bass/treb/non-fade of my HU settings all go from -6 to 6.. i have all of them on 6.. i should turn them down and adjust the gains on my amp instead? what do i turn them down to?

yea you want to set them to zero like mtx said.......... thats prob also why there distorting so much a 60

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 09:58 PM
set them to 0 i would say bass no more then + 2, then u have to see what sounds good to u dont maxs out everthing.. and set your amp bro the way i said. subsonic 10 hz lower then what your box is tune to, low pass 80 hz no bass boost and gain/level at low and go from there. deck at 80% max volume and go from there. look for dimming and major volt drops .

ok will do thanks

1rockford1
12-26-2008, 10:00 PM
ok will do thanks

pm me any time. if u really are havein a hard time ill give u my cell number u call me tomrrow and ill talk u threw it over the phone. i have to help my nephue with his dvd deck tomrrow long not such a good day on my end. so just pm if u want any more help.

Jakeeck
12-26-2008, 10:00 PM
yea you want to set them to zero like mtx said.......... thats prob also why there distorting so much a 60

well actually shouldnt i keep the mid/bass/treb all at 6? because those are all for my speakers and i cant adjust the gain on my factory amp that my speakers are connected to..

but non-fader is the setting on my HU to increase the subwoofer level.. so shouldnt that be the only one i set to 0 and adjust on the amp?