PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Nitro install help

Pl8er
12-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Good evening fellas,

My wife has a 2007 dodge nitro and I am going to be installing a new system in it. I have already installed the new HU but I have not installed anything else. I'm torn on what would be the best solution for me and I'm up for some opinions. I want to use minimal space in the back but want decent output (but mainly SQ). This will mainly be used by my wife while transporting our newborn so the sound will not be up very loud at all.

Anyways, questions. I am going to get BJ to make the box and have his guy design the box but what I'm torn on is these two options:

(4) 8's on the top of the box, port in the middle then amps, crossovers and wire inset into the front of the box

1 (10) I would wait for the SI BM in this instance on the front of the box...amps, electronics inset into the top.

I'm thinking 4 8's would look better, and most likely have slightly higher output.

Which do you think? Also, if you choose 8's what would you suggest? I want something inexpensive and I don't plan to run anymore than 100rms to each of the speakers. I've even considered going with 6 1/2 inch woofers.

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Get some of the Sundown's e8's if you happen to go with the four 8''s woofers. That's my suggestion.

Pl8er
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Get some of the Sundown's e8's if you happen to go with the four 8''s woofers. That's my suggestion.

I had thought about it...but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much and they take up to 250 right? I guess I could get a memphis belle but it seems like overkill on the sub stage.

I was thinking RSD's for the front and then perhaps another set for the rear minus the tweeters.

What coil config are the e8's? Cancel that, I found the thread.

Pl8er
12-26-2008, 06:42 PM
If I could find some 8's that were d4, I could run 2ohm and get a memphis belle and give the front 75 watts and the subs would get 600 (150 each)

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Well if you are looking for a cheaper 8, you could look at the cerwin vega 8''s, I think you can get them in d4 as well.

Pl8er
12-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Another question (sorry) what type of box could I build that would have the subs enclosed inside? This may make the install easier (also less chance to damage the subs, easier to remove the box if needed and I think easier to inset the amps.

Then I will go with 2 e8's.

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
You could do some type bandpass

Pl8er
12-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I appreciate all your responses. I just went out and measured. I have 48" across to play with. i want to stay as shallow as possible. I may just have to go sealed. Maybe 2 8's sealed and then a single amp to the right of it.

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2008, 08:13 PM
You could fire them down, that way there will be less chance of something hitting them.