PDA

View Full Version : box size for 10 in type r

awestone05
08-02-2003, 11:56 AM
alright, i just got my box for a 10 inch alpine type r, and i need to know what you guys think. i planned on going with .8 of a cubic foot, sealed, but ended up buying a box from a local shop down here that makes them and the specs aren't exactly what i planned. its like .93 of a cubic foot after displacement, and its sealed. is that going to be too big? also, its going to be seeing about 300 watts rms @2ohms. let me know, thanks

awestone05
08-02-2003, 11:34 PM
its 3/4 mdf... but is it considered prefab because i didn't make it? cause its not like a brand or anything, like q-logic or whatever. its just a guy that builds a bunch of them every week and sells them to a local car stereo shop. it looks pretty good to me...

Bavarian3
08-03-2003, 03:24 AM
its 3/4 mdf... but is it considered prefab because i didn't make it? cause its not like a brand or anything, like q-logic or whatever. its just a guy that builds a bunch of them every week and sells them to a local car stereo shop. it looks pretty good to me...

hmmm if some guy made them then it may be legit. Just make sure theres no air leaks in it. the box will do good with the sub its better to have a bigger box

awestone05
08-03-2003, 07:04 PM
alright, thanks a lot guys!!