PDA

View Full Version : Viper 160xv

mackin
12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I am looking for a remote start for my Millenia.

I'm not really sure what to look for in a remote start, but I saw someone recommended the Viper 160xv and I wanted to know a little more about it.

Is the blue LED indicator used to let me know that my car actually started when I pressed the button? or do i just have to trust that it worked?

If you have any other suggestions on remote starts that will show me when my car is turned on feel free to chime in too.

I also don't need an alarm/remote start combo because I found out my stock alarm is pretty solid.

Thanks.

THUNDERBIRD
12-22-2008, 10:31 PM
good unit. i love installing them

mokedaddy
12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Is the blue LED indicator used to let me know that my car actually started when I pressed the button? or do i just have to trust that it worked?

If you have any other suggestions on remote starts that will show me when my car is turned on feel free to chime in too.

Any remote start/install worth a crap will have the parking lights either flash or stay on solid (depending on programming) to let you know that your car is started.

mackin
12-24-2008, 02:01 PM
good unit. i love installing them

good to hear. any place online you suggest i buy from?

Any remote start/install worth a crap will have the parking lights either flash or stay on solid (depending on programming) to let you know that your car is started.

I meant more like where the remote can tell me whether it has started. because i might just want to start my car from inside school or something when i can't see my car.

does this unit or any other unit do something like that?

Thanks.

mokedaddy
12-24-2008, 02:15 PM
You will need to look for a two way remote in that case. Those are usually found on the higher end models and Im not sure if they make one for just a remote start or if its only for remote start alarm.

hookedontronics.com is where I buy the 5900s I install which has two way.

mackin
12-24-2008, 02:58 PM
You will need to look for a two way remote in that case. Those are usually found on the higher end models and Im not sure if they make one for just a remote start or if its only for remote start alarm.

hookedontronics.com is where I buy the 5900s I install which has two way.

oh i see. i'm just looking for a remote start so maybe i'll just have to assume my car starts lol. thanks for the help.

THUNDERBIRD
12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
go to dei.com and look there.

mackin
12-24-2008, 09:40 PM
go to dei.com and look there.

The Viper 4202V looks pretty enticing with the 2 way... know anything about that?

mendon99
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
viper 5500 is just a 5900 without the alarm portion... just what you're looking for.

mackin
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
viper 5500 is just a 5900 without the alarm portion... just what you're looking for.

unfortunately that is hella expensive. i'm looking to spend right around 200 before install.

I think i'm going to end up going with the Viper 5301. 2 way with LED lights. 200 dollars online.

Fiercetimbo17
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
$200 for just a remote start??? Your getting ripped i can get a 5900 for cheaper than that..