PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood DDX812 Playing MP3 off of USB HD

jlwardn
12-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I bought a 30 gig hard drive and loaded up my music. Everything works great except it won't show the album art on the screen. I thought maybe the unit was not capable of showing the image until I noticed one song I had showed the picture......odd thing is that I don't have the album art and none is listed in the file folder or anywhere on the hard drive. I checked the ID3 tag and don't see anything embedded in the song. I am at a total loss here. Has anyone been successful getting album art out of this unit???? Without Ipod of course......

bigaudiofanatic
12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
The album art work might not be in the format that the head unit can read the one song that you know it shows it. Look at the format of that album artwork and you may have to change the rest to that format in order for the head unit to display it.

jlwardn
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
The problem is that the one song that list the album art......that art does not exist. I don't have it anywhere. It is not in the file on the hard drive. It is also not anywhere in any of my media on my home computer. It is like the art was encoded with the MP3. There is zero album art in that folder....plus none of the other songs by the same artist and album show anything. All ID Tags are encoded the same.

jlwardn
12-21-2008, 04:45 PM
After looking at my mp3's closer I can see that the only difference between the songs that show the album art and all of the rest that don't is that fact that they have a huge HeaderPosition. Most of my mp3's have under 5000 bytes for HeaderPosition and the only two that show album art have well over 10,000 bytes.....one with 49K bytes. Everything else seems the same....i.e. Tage Info, MPEG Version, Bitrate, Frequence, Mode, CRC and Copyright.
Any MP3 genius out there have any help????

jlwardn
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I have been able to figure it out. You have to have software that can code the picture to the mp3. Once done it functions great....just like the Ipod.