PDA

View Full Version : Different Type of Wall, Would It Work?

AcidikBass20
12-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Look at my youtube video. I'm tired of this prefab box. I'm going to fill the trunk with batteries and amps. I want to either take out my back seat and make a box to fill the back, OR make a wall. Problem is I need to see out my rear view mirror. So here is my idea. A slanted wall! Wall running at an angle from the back of my seat, and up to the deck lid in my car. Closing this off just like a wall, but angles up so I can still see out of my rear mirror. Ideas? Opinions? Plans? PM me if you have any ideas or reply here! Thanks!

18inchjeepin
12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
why not make it a square box or basically a half wall with subs pointed forward

Crzy
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
ur rear veiw is gonna rattle down or just plain fall off anyway, might as well just lose it now and get used to driving with ur side mirrors

Supergumby5000
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
rearview cameras FTW.

wall that bish, and drop the extra $100 for a camera and a 3.5" screen.

AcidikBass20
12-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Already have a 7inch screen, in my sig. not sure if i wanna spend the 100 for a camera because of the amount im spending on amps

Supergumby5000
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Already have a 7inch screen, in my sig. not sure if i wanna spend the 100 for a camera because of the amount im spending on amps

If you're worried about the amount of money you're spending, i would also be worrying about having a half *** box ;)

You could get away with the box that you want to do, but theoretically and most likely, you wont have the same output as a wall. Will the difference be enormous? probably not, but it could be there.

AcidikBass20
12-21-2008, 04:27 PM
what about a box that sits in the back, over the place where the seats used to be, fired subs up, and port towards me.

gotparts90
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
why do you need your rear view?? you will get used to not having one after a couple days. I walled may van long ago and that mirror would never stay on anyway. I doubt you will get a mirror to stay up anyway much less get it to stay still enough to use.

natisfynest
12-21-2008, 04:51 PM
you can get a rearview camera off ebay for under $20

blindskater1213
12-21-2008, 04:54 PM
And also, part of the point of the wall is to seal off the cabin.

thorshammer1
12-21-2008, 05:08 PM
rearview cam....

How can the air get into the cabin? Your choking your subs man! LOL try and turn it around first and see if you like it.

brian84corvette
12-22-2008, 07:13 PM
build it.
if thats how you want it, then do it.
see how it sounds.

if you dont like it 100% then you can re build for the price of a fiew sheets of mdf.

Im in the same dam spot as you.
my side mirrors are pieces of **** - that dont work anymore ( stupid gm electric crap! )
so my pasanger side mirror is staring off to space somewheres. use my rear view to see out the right rear side, driver mirror I can push in to correct position.
old corvettes ****.
if I can fix the problem with my side mirrors - its definately getting a hatch wall right behind
my seats. will be ill. can finaly give my sx a full 8 cubes. vs the 5.4 its in now.