PDA

View Full Version : 2-12 solo-x box...

hondacr125
12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I recently got 2-12" solo-x's with a kicker kx2500. I was curious what size box and what size ports would be ideal for the solo-x's. All of the research I have done has been inconclusive, everyone says something different. The box will be in the bed of my avalanche, but I am looking to save a little bit of room for storage in the bed. I am using the system daily, not planning on any competitions as of yet. Would it be better to have separate chambers for the subs of one chamber for both with one port? A local audio shop built the box that I am using right now, but I was told it was too small, and it is one chamber with one big port in the middle. Any advise would be great. Thanks.

MisterGrubbs
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Both subs in the same chamber. I wouldnt do separate chambers, but that's just me. The X's are going to like a tad higher tuning, I'd say 37-38hz, and you would ideally like for your box to be rather large for a 12" woofer with those subs as well.

I'd say go big. I'd say go with 7^ft at 40hz. That's just me.

FYI you are horribly underpowering those subs.

And I hope you're ready to do some electrical upgrades for that amplifier as well.

hondacr125
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Yea I know I am underpowering the subs, I really should have two kx2500's, but $ is kind of an issue right now, I am a college student and I don't have a job right now. The single 2500 seems to push them alright, right now and the gain is only set at 2/3 and the boost is set at 0... I currently have an isolator, but most people are saying that I should take it out. I also have 2 kinetik 2000's. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new alternator. How do I tune the box and what sort of port would be ideal?