PDA

View Full Version : how do you dynamat your doors?

Steveopevo
12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
just wondering how you dynamat your doors. infront of speakers, behind..........

danpenksa
12-21-2008, 01:31 AM
I put a TON behind my speakers "inside" the door..I also do the complete inside lining of the door panel and the sheet metal on the actual door itself

dp

KyleBechtold
12-21-2008, 01:31 AM
if you can get inside you can do that but usually infront of it.. like on the same panel as it

kmanian
12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
take out your speakers, block up access holes clean off the grease then apply the dynamat with a small roller, you may find that using smaller pcs. is easier leave the holes for the mounting tabs of your panel open.

Steveopevo
12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
I put a TON behind my speakers "inside" the door..I also do the complete inside lining of the door panel and the sheet metal on the actual door itself

dp

are you supposed to create a seal behind the speakers so air can't escape?

danpenksa
12-21-2008, 01:34 AM
i don't

dp

Steveopevo
12-21-2008, 01:56 AM
have you guys heard of any dynamat alternatives that are cheaper like that stuff at Lowes called peel and seal. supposed to work pretty good.

Saint211
12-21-2008, 02:50 AM
Peal and seal will not give you the same effects as damplifier pro or dynamat extreme. It will work as a cheap deadener but it has less than optimum properties and must be thickly layered. It also does not stick as well and has a smell to it. Fatmat and a couple others are basically re-badged peal and seal. The dynamat is like peal and seal, but thicker, stickier and with a foil backing.

The most popular/effective are

Damplifier/Damplifier Pro
Dynamat extreme
RAAMat

Id reccomend damp pro for pure effectiveness, RAAMat for good stuff on a budget.

But I get dynamat extreme for cheaper than damplifier so thats what ill be using when i finally get around to doing deadener

KyleBechtold
12-21-2008, 02:53 AM
I use dynamat extreme.. works wonders

shaneb
12-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Foil backing = pointless plus you could just stick some foili on the peal and seal.
I just realized how thin most "high end" deadeners are, and I work in construction, I am willing to bet that there is a roofing material or insulating material that is comparable to most deadeners.
The only thing I have to make sure of is the melting issue. Texas heat ftl.
Edit, I just looked up peel and seal.
it DOES have foil. http://www.mobilehomedoctor.com/roofs-peel-seal-mfg.htm
It is 20 mil thinner than raamat
which means you will have to use 3 layers to equal the 2 roughly of raamat.
and its roughly 1.25 a sq foot, rmat is like 100ish bucks for 60ish sqft. so might not be allllll that cheaper. ill hvae to go price it at home depot. and the local store i have a account with.

James Bang
12-21-2008, 02:59 AM
with a roller.