PDA

View Full Version : -35 Celcius, Compustar Troubleshoot!!!!!!

yz_gt69
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone,
it's -35 and I need your help! we have the compustar 2W8000FMASF 2 way (only have the one way remote, broke the 2 way). Her grand am has the following symptoms:

- remote start only works sometimes, usually just turns on accessories and not the car - also unlocks the doors?
- arms while driving, then activates siren when car is turned off and door opened
- erratically arms and disarms while driving
- auto-start sequence doesn't always register before turning off ignition

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, working in the cold wind is getting old fast........ Thanks!

RaiN
12-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Bad Ignition Source Connection?

ThatChevyGuy
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
i would reprogram the remote then go from there

yz_gt69
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, I've already tried reprogramming the remote a couple times: no ghange. As far as the ignition source, how/what should i check? I should also mention that the alarm has been in the car for a couple years, is the ignition source connection a problem that would just develop?
thanks again, please keep them coming!

yz_gt69
12-20-2008, 02:36 PM
bump..... please help with any thoughts.

was thinking maybe the brain but this time of year i can't get it into a shop to switch out and check. any ideas for testing that theory??

mokedaddy
12-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Its too cold.

Most likely your alarm will continue to act funny until it warms up even with proper installation.

It can happen in the summer as well if its too hot.

Horsemanwill
12-21-2008, 12:30 PM
never heard of an alarm acting up because of temp. it could be the brain or it could be the wiring. i've had my alarm installed for a couple years also and just this fall the remote start part of it started acting up. it was the wire that goes to my starter wire came loose. i think i may have pulled on it unknowinlgy while messing with my horns. have u contacted compustar yet and asked them what they thought the problem could be?

mokedaddy
12-21-2008, 12:39 PM
never heard of an alarm acting up because of temp. it could be the brain or it could be the wiring. i've had my alarm installed for a couple years also and just this fall the remote start part of it started acting up. it was the wire that goes to my starter wire came loose. i think i may have pulled on it unknowinlgy while messing with my horns. have u contacted compustar yet and asked them what they thought the problem could be?

It actually happens quite a little bit. Funny things seem happen to electronics and vehicles at that extreme of temp.

Not saying its not a wire loose or install related either but could definitely be weather related.

bigaudiofanatic
12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
^^^^ sort of agree with him condensation forums on stuff and low temps and could be on the main board.

snb778
12-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone,
it's -35 and I need your help! we have the compustar 2W8000FMASF 2 way (only have the one way remote, broke the 2 way). Her grand am has the following symptoms:

!

BS

mokedaddy
12-21-2008, 01:45 PM
BS

I take it youve never been to Canada.

snb778
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
yes, i have.. drove home 8hrs in a blizzard from Toronto to MI...

but the fact is -35Deg. C would make it the coldest place on earth... (weird.. -35C is -31F... sup with that??)

nittanylion64
12-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Your car is pissed that it's too cold outside. Move south about 12 hrs and you should be fine. :)

yz_gt69
12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I haven't heard back from compustar yet but will definately run with the ideas by going over some wiring, especially to the starter! I'm still open to any other ideas though! The car has been through a really cold winter last year which is why i was focusing elsewhere.

yes, i have.. drove home 8hrs in a blizzard from Toronto to MI...

but the fact is -35Deg. C would make it the coldest place on earth... (weird.. -35C is -31F... sup with that??)

Thanks a lot for the help guys.
except snb, you are one of 3 things: either sarcastic, painfully ignorant or painfully stupid? -31 again tomorrow(without wind). we got - 49(celcius) last year with wind. I'm glad you made it through the BIG, BAD BLIZZARD!!!!!!!

shaneb
12-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
except snb, you are one of 3 things: either sarcastic, painfully ignorant or painfully stupid? -31 again tomorrow(without wind). we got - 49(celcius) last year with wind. I'm glad you made it through the BIG, BAD BLIZZARD!!!!!!!

Lawl..