PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here Please Help

MazdaProtege03
12-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey all so I have an 03 Mazda Protege. HU is stock radio with indash 6CD changer. Stock speakers as well. Now all my speakers are blown and driving with no music is getting dull. So here is the thing, I want new speakers and want to do it right the first time. I'm not looking for competition type set up but maybe something that people might go wow that sounds good. At some point I will want a sub in the back. Right now I am focused on speakers. What are some good speakers that I can use right now with my stock radio that will sound good and when i upgrade to better HU they will sound better? Thanks

Front - 5x7 or 6x8 (or so I've read that 6x8 will work as well)

Rear - 6x9

anj46907
12-18-2008, 06:34 PM
what size are the speakers

MazdaProtege03
12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
what size are the speakers

See told you I was a newbie...

Rear - 6x9

anj46907
12-18-2008, 06:43 PM
look into alpine, kicker, they make some very nice speakers

AcidikBass20
12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
For speakers, What type of sound
mellow and even, usually without sub, Alpine, Polk Audio
sharp and clear, Infinity(my personal favorite), kicker
subs, you can look into kicker, or for SQ look into a small JL

FoxPro5
12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey all so I have an 03 Mazda Protege. HU is stock radio with indash 6CD changer. Stock speakers as well. Now all my speakers are blown and driving with no music is getting dull. So here is the thing, I want new speakers and want to do it right the first time. I'm not looking for competition type set up but maybe something that people might go wow that sounds good. At some point I will want a sub in the back. Right now I am focused on speakers. What are some good speakers that I can use right now with my stock radio that will sound good and when i upgrade to better HU they will sound better? Thanks

Rear - 6x9

Check out the "$500 System Challenge" or other related threads in the Car Audio and Electronics section on the Mazda forum (mazdas247.com).

Always go out and listen before you buy, if possible.

Also, you're not constrained to the stock speaker size if you make your own adapters/rings.