PDA

View Full Version : box build, quick question

deano17
12-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm in the process of building a 4ft^3 box for two 12" CVRs ported. The design i had called for a double baffle. Do I absolutely need this? I cut everything except the piece for the inner part of the double baffle. Will I be fine with just mounting the subs to the single baffle?

DonH
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm in the process of building a 4ft^3 box for two 12" CVRs ported. The design i had called for a double baffle. Do I absolutely need this? I cut everything except the piece for the inner part of the double baffle. Will I be fine with just mounting the subs to the single baffle?

yeah u will but if you cut the outside baffle already then u cant mount the subs 2 it! the hole will b 2 big! but iff not just go with that. why not double baffle?

deano17
12-18-2008, 01:57 AM
the box is like 60% finished I cut everything and started gluing/screwing together. I was gonna just mount the subs to the single baffle and I didn't even think about the double baffle piece. I saw it when I was looking for the cutout diameter. I don't really want to go back and cut another piece when I'm already almost done. If necessary I could always do an outside double baffle to go around the subs but if it's not necessary it's less weight I have to deal with.

DonH
12-18-2008, 02:46 AM
then do it...