PDA

View Full Version : The WALL BUILD "vision"

rickymac21
12-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Hey, sorry for the long thread. i really need input tho.. but i need some input on my idea. im reconing my re mt 18s and i wanna wall them off in my subaru hatchback(wagon)...
anyways, my idea is to use parts of my car as part of my box.. for expample there will be one main board that is the very bottom... then ill have a baffle that goes from that floor board to ceiling to door to door...i will have a piece of wood going from the baffle to another part of the back area of the car so no air excapes from the doors.. then ill use the top of my car as the top of the box and ill have wood in the back roughly 35" from the baffle and that will go from top-bottom, side-side...

its all hard to explain but it should work.. i am going to brass the hell out of it and im going to seal it all like never before. hah.... the box comes out roughly 20 cubic feet. so how many square inches of port should i have and i want it tuned low so it kills and hurts on the lows.

pr-festiva
12-16-2008, 07:53 AM
i would just build a good strong box but thats just my opinion

rickymac21
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
i would just build a good strong box but thats just my opinion

haha. yea, i thought of that too.. but it seems easier to do it this way.. well easier to get the box in and put together anyways... but i just thought of a way to put the top on the box too without losing much space.... the only reason why i want to do the box this way really is because i can get way more cubic feet for the 18's.. sure i can build a huge box but getting it in is always a problem.

pr-festiva
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
ive never tryed it but it would seem like a bigger pain to get every thing solid and sealed.i lost alot of dbs till i started makeing all my box panels 2 or more layers thick.On the up side you should be able to make a sweet flex video:)

rickymac21
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
ive never tryed it but it would seem like a bigger pain to get every thing solid and sealed.i lost alot of dbs till i started makeing all my box panels 2 or more layers thick.On the up side you should be able to make a sweet flex video:)

haha yea, i dont really care for flex. of coarse it looks cool but i want it to be painfully loud.... but yea, basically im gonna just build a huge box, only thing is its gonna have to be built inside the car... yea im gonna double up all the panels except the baffle.. thats gonna be 3" thick.... im gonna brace everything and seal it.. i believe itll work

15nissen
12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Hey, sorry for the long thread. i really need input tho.. but i need some input on my idea. im reconing my re mt 18s and i wanna wall them off in my subaru hatchback(wagon)...
anyways, my idea is to use parts of my car as part of my box.. for expample there will be one main board that is the very bottom... then ill have a baffle that goes from that floor board to ceiling to door to door...i will have a piece of wood going from the baffle to another part of the back area of the car so no air excapes from the doors.. then ill use the top of my car as the top of the box and ill have wood in the back roughly 35" from the baffle and that will go from top-bottom, side-side...

its all hard to explain but it should work.. i am going to brass the hell out of it and im going to seal it all like never before. hah.... the box comes out roughly 20 cubic feet. so how many square inches of port should i have and i want it tuned low so it kills and hurts on the lows.

Subaru wagons are very loud. I would build a aero port box, or have someone do it for you. It will wang no doubt. A friends wagon with 2x 15's would play music, and meter anywhere kick, dash, headrest @ 150+

Theirs alot more to just building a wall, and calling it a day.

rickymac21
12-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Subaru wagons are very loud. I would build a aero port box, or have someone do it for you. It will wang no doubt. A friends wagon with 2x 15's would play music, and meter anywhere kick, dash, headrest @ 150+

Theirs alot more to just building a wall, and calling it a day.

yea, there is a lot of room in that thing...I really dont know much about aero port box's.. honestly, im not even sure what they are.. i have an idea but if it is i wouldnt know how to design it... maybe you could help? and when you say there is a lot to building a wall what do you mean?? i understand it isnt easy and its gonna take at least a week for me to complete it... i dont plan on doing this ****** and half *** and have is sound weak. lol.. im gonna make sure its done right..

15nissen
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM
yea, there is a lot of room in that thing...I really dont know much about aero port box's.. honestly, im not even sure what they are.. i have an idea but if it is i wouldnt know how to design it... maybe you could help? and when you say there is a lot to building a wall what do you mean?? i understand it isnt easy and its gonna take at least a week for me to complete it... i dont plan on doing this ****** and half *** and have is sound weak. lol.. im gonna make sure its done right..

If you are unable to build a external aero port box, then a wall is light years out of your league.

I have a final shortly, i can help you later. Or find a box designer, to make a 6 cube box (or whatever is right for a 18in MT) w/ 6 inch external, or 4 inch external aero ports.

That is what i would do with your given equipment. :)

rickymac21
12-17-2008, 09:44 PM
If you are unable to build a external aero port box, then a wall is light years out of your league.

I have a final shortly, i can help you later. Or find a box designer, to make a 6 cube box (or whatever is right for a 18in MT) w/ 6 inch external, or 4 inch external aero ports.

That is what i would do with your given equipment. :)

yea... well really im not doing this on my own.. in fact im getting some pretty **** good help... He has been a world finalist for the past 10 years or so.. not exactly sure.. he said i should build a wall, and he will help.. but i havent talked to him about the box design that i came up with yet only because i have about 1 month till i get it all started and i still need to recone the 18's... im not doubting your knowledge at all! but what would be so hard about building a wall.. im no dumby, hah, i know there is a lot to consider with building it. i just never have.