PDA

View Full Version : HID lights

DonH
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
ok so these lights are SICK! what do i need 2 have them? ive got a 2002 ford ranger.

thx guys

KyleBechtold
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM
nothing.. hook them up.. usually they are plug and play.. they look hella better in projector lights though if you can find em.. HID lights are just really bright..

tc300
12-16-2008, 02:23 AM
way to pricey.... had a set in my 00 GP, really didnt like'em. got a set for some projector fogs/driving lights and liked those....

KyleBechtold
12-16-2008, 02:27 AM
they aren't worth it IMO.. and in regular headlights i think they look dumb as ****.. the whole lens turns blue.. I have silver star bright white and they look good.. fog lights would be the only thing i would add

DonH
12-16-2008, 02:30 AM
i have fog lights. they are the stock ones that came on the truck. yellowish white. look NASTY AS FVCK! so ive seen thoze silverstar lights are thoze n e good there only 28 bux

mlstrass
12-16-2008, 02:31 AM
they aren't worth it IMO.. and in regular headlights i think they look dumb as ****.. the whole lens turns blue.. I have silver star bright white and they look good.. fog lights would be the only thing i would add

depends upon what temp/color HID's you get ;)

KyleBechtold
12-16-2008, 02:33 AM
i have fog lights. they are the stock ones that came on the truck. yellowish white. look NASTY AS FVCK! so ive seen thoze silverstar lights are thoze n e good there only 28 bux

they are worth it.. and i hate seeing yellow fogs.. they look like ****!!

theking
12-16-2008, 02:34 AM
go with a 5k or 6k for the best light output and doesnt look blue so u dont have that ricer look

Iakona
12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
its all a fashion... depends what kind of car and taste you have... i got a civic... and the "jdm" thing is yellow fogs... just a trend.

i'm also thinking about getting HID plug and plays... 4300k or 6k... ($130ish)

DonH
12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
go with a 5k or 6k for the best light output and doesnt look blue so u dont have that ricer look

I H8 that SH1T

mlstrass
12-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Got a 6k kit coming this week...

mlstrass
12-16-2008, 02:37 AM
its all a fashion... depends what kind of car and taste you have... i got a civic... and the "jdm" thing is yellow fogs... just a trend.

i'm also thinking about getting HID plug and plays... 4300k or 6k... ($130ish)

FYI......fog lights should be yellow as it increases visibilty since they don't reflect like a white light...

theking
12-16-2008, 02:38 AM
Got a 6k kit coming this week...

what kit and bixenon or just low beam and how much

Iakona
12-16-2008, 02:41 AM
^^ im with him... i was going to get just a low beam kit...

Iakona
FYI......fog lights should be yellow as it increases visibilty since they don't reflect like a white light...

i didnt know that.... but now i do!:D

DonH

yeah i know but these are like turn signal yellow! gay!

mlstrass
12-16-2008, 02:42 AM
what kit and bixenon or just low beam and how much

XenTec bi-xenon for $119. Was using Silverstars, but another one burnt out, so I figured I'd give these a try. And I'm getting older, so my vision ***** at night :laugh:

casper97ta
12-16-2008, 02:45 AM
I was gonna go with some HID's for my dakota. My fogs are already bright as ****. But I've been reading about too many problems with the plug and play HID's. Some are going out early. And if you have voltage drop from your system it will affect the HID's. I just put the Silverstar ultras in and they are great. A real world of difference.

KyleBechtold
12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
I was gonna go with some HID's for my dakota. My fogs are already bright as ****. But I've been reading about too many problems with the plug and play HID's. Some are going out early. And if you have voltage drop from your system it will affect the HID's. I just put the Silverstar ultras in and they are great. A real world of difference.

aren't they!! I love mine.. Cheapest/best investment for safety i have made.. i might try those dangling ropes next.. the have metal buckles.. anyone know how to use em.. I have a metal do-dad and a plastic do-dad.. probably not important..

DonH
12-16-2008, 02:54 AM
i didnt know that.... but now i do!:D

Really :crap: huh... haha like u said now u do!

theking
12-16-2008, 03:08 AM
XenTec bi-xenon for $119. Was using Silverstars, but another one burnt out, so I figured I'd give these a try. And I'm getting older, so my vision ***** at night :laugh:

yea i am gonna get the 5k bi xenon retro solutions 55 watt kit most hids are only 35 watt and i am gonna get the 5k either 35 or 55 wat fog lights too can get both for 300 shipped life time warranty and they are digital so no radio problems

CadillacMatt
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
HIDs look best when paired with projectors...

I wanted to upgrade my lights to HID but I have the plain old "textured" headlight lens so it would basically just throw light everywhere and blind anyone in my path...

So I'm thinking about retrofitting some projectors, might be a fun project for you to try. You would need your stock headlight assemblies, projector lenses, shrouds, (bulbs/ballasts aka the HID "kit"), and basic hand tools and glues and you could make something really sharp looking.

Stephen_c
12-20-2008, 08:37 PM
:(
retrofit ftw

theking
12-21-2008, 01:01 AM

I wanted to upgrade my lights to HID but I have the plain old "textured" headlight lens so it would basically just throw light everywhere and blind anyone in my path...

So I'm thinking about retrofitting some projectors, might be a fun project for you to try. You would need your stock headlight assemblies, projector lenses, shrouds, (bulbs/ballasts aka the HID "kit"), and basic hand tools and glues and you could make something really sharp looking.

you can still use hids with reflector housings retrofit solutions are made to be used with refective lens

Akula Class
01-21-2009, 02:45 PM

You ever go through with the retro?