PDA

View Full Version : What modules do I need?

itsbmw
12-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I am going to install a : ScyTek Astra 777
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19527

and I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero, I believe it has passkey and passlock. my car has the factory alarm in it. What do I need to buy to lock/unlock my doors and open my trunk. I also am interested in a glass break sensor and possibly a backup battery.
Links for model names are appreciated greatly,
Itsbmw.

I think I can use the Xpresskit XK01 to do this but I can swear it said it will not bypass the passkey 3 function in my car..

maxxguy1
12-15-2008, 11:50 PM
you will need three relays two for the door locks and one for the trunk you don't need the interfaces unless you do remote start but that alarm dose not come with it

qkassidyw
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I just did one of these the other day and it ***** to do an alarm in, the dash doesn't drop, you have to take out the cluster to get to any wires, and you have to take out the stereo to access wires.

Have fun hanging upside down in the car trying to solder.

THUNDERBIRD
12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
eh you just pull the radio and do not disconnect it. and yank the hell out of the ignition wires and they pull out about 8" to give you enough room for the rs hook up. you have pk2 also. a 1700g and gmdlbp will do both convience and pk2, gmbp and xk06 are a great pk2 bypass. i would do an xk06 properly flashed to plxr3.0 platform and use relays and resistors for the doors and relay for the trunk. i am in michigan and will install for you if you want.

qkassidyw
12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
eh you just pull the radio and do not disconnect it. and yank the hell out of the ignition wires and they pull out about 8" to give you enough room for the rs hook up. you have pk2 also. a 1700g and gmdlbp will do both convience and pk2, gmbp and xk06 are a great pk2 bypass. i would do an xk06 properly flashed to plxr3.0 platform and use relays and resistors for the doors and relay for the trunk. i am in michigan and will install for you if you want.

HAHAHA...classic installer.

Confuse the hell out of the customer so they pay you to install it!

itsbmw
12-19-2008, 07:06 AM
HAHAHA...classic installer.

Confuse the hell out of the customer so they pay you to install it!

Haha I know what he is saying. I haz google.