PDA

View Full Version : Recieved damaged item - How would you handle this?

scoob8000
12-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not going to post the sellers name here unless I do not get a response from my PM's/emails.

BUT...

I bought a subwoofer here, and it arrived today. I was skeptikal at the packaging to begin with. (sub face down in a box on a pile of bubble wrap, back of sub wrapped in newspaper).

After taking a quick look, I notice a nice crack completely thru and the width of the cone!

At this point, I'm assuming it was damaged in shipping. Until I start searching that members name a bit more and find the original thread selling the sub. That crack is clearly visable in the picture.

The photos used to sell it to me did not depict the crack in the cone.

I've sent the seller an email asking how he would like to resolve this. I suggested a full refund including shipping. I will return ship the sub to him if he pays half of the shipping cost.

How would you guys handle this? Am I going the right route, or should I jump the gun and file a paypal/credit card claim?

tc3k101
12-13-2008, 05:29 PM
i told you not to make a thread about this and i would take care of it :crap:

i kid make him refund you money or pay for recone depending on the sub

revrider1
12-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Interesting

tc3k101
a claim wont help you. all he has do to is show that he shipped it and your facked

da box king
kill him!

tc3k101
12-13-2008, 05:33 PM
was it a mtx 9500?

CantGetEnufBASS
12-13-2008, 05:35 PM
here we go again...

99grandprixGT
12-13-2008, 05:37 PM
:popcorn:

tc3k101
12-13-2008, 05:37 PM
:popcorn:

can i has?

BushJ311
12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Give him a little time to respond. If he does not make you a reasonable deal. then file

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Give him a little time to respond. If he does not make you a reasonable deal. then file

agree'd. but, like stated above, he shipped it. so no refund. give him a week or two (two weeks being max) if he doesn't respond, post up PM's beteen the two of you, any pics he sent you, any paypal info you can get, and his user name. there are a few people on here that can pull up so much information on a member its almost scary. that might get him in action when you start posting up phone numbers of family members. :laugh:

99grandprixGT
12-13-2008, 05:47 PM
can i has?

sure

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 05:57 PM
i allready got my popcorn. really tasty too. :D

SRim23
12-13-2008, 05:57 PM
to be honest this is kinda your fault. you shoulda searched his name for references and what not. then you would of seen the crack. sure if he didnt mention the crack to you then i can see him being a little shady, but you shoulda done some more research before sending cash.

clearly he wasnt trying to be deceptive in his original thread.... makes me wonder if he was deceptive to you or you just overlooked it.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 05:59 PM
OP, would you mind PMing me his name? i would be interested to see pics of this sub. (no, i won't post it out in the boards)

duece212
12-13-2008, 06:01 PM
I would not wait 2 weeks for a response, thats retarded. I would give the person about a week to give a decent response and nothing more.

You failed yourself by not researching the user and his past posts to view the cracked woofer. If he did not mention the crack in the thread from which you bought the woofer (ie he said woofer was in good condition) then you should get some resolution.

Just post a link to the thread in which this deal took place.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I would not wait 2 weeks for a response, thats retarded. I would give the person about a week to give a decent response and nothing more.

You failed yourself by not researching the user and his past posts to view the cracked woofer. If he did not mention the crack in the thread from which you bought the woofer (ie he said woofer was in good condition) then you should get some resolution.

Just post a link to the thread in which this deal took place.

the only reason i said two was due to the holidays. if it wasn't for that, i'd say a week.

+1 on allways doing homework on a seller before buying.

99grandprixGT
12-13-2008, 06:04 PM
or at least take some pics of your own and throw them up to let us see the problem.

BushJ311
12-13-2008, 06:07 PM
or at least take some pics of your own and throw them up to let us see the problem.

X2. I would watch when he is active. and if he doesn't respond then another pm/ email and then file

scoob8000
12-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy replies batman! I didn't even have to put anything about nekkid ex pics in the title! :cool:

a claim wont help you. all he has do to is show that he shipped it and your facked

i told you not to make a thread about this and i would take care of it :crap:

i kid make him refund you money or pay for recone depending on the sub

:crazy: :crazy: I didn't catch the I kid part until I hit quote! :D

was it a mtx 9500?

Negative

to be honest this is kinda your fault. you shoulda searched his name for references and what not. then you would of seen the crack. sure if he didnt mention the crack to you then i can see him being a little shady, but you shoulda done some more research before sending cash.

clearly he wasnt trying to be deceptive in his original thread.... makes me wonder if he was deceptive to you or you just overlooked it.

He actually has a few good refs here, another forum, and ebay. There are about 3 threads with this sub. Only the original one has a pic depicting the crack. All the others are taken so the crack is in a shadow or glared out by the flash.

OP, would you mind PMing me his name? i would be interested to see pics of this sub. (no, i won't post it out in the boards)

PM sent

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:12 PM
it might be fixable with some CA glue. but, he bought it on the e-bay sale he had going. don't know if it was listed being damaged on there or not.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:20 PM
i saw the F/S thread. this was quoted out of it....

Alright, Im in need of cash fast. Willing to let my sub go for $100. Its a mint conditon Powerbass XXL 12'' Sub. It is in near brand new conditon as you can see in the pics.

BUT, if you look close to one of the pics, you can kinda make it out.

99grandprixGT
12-13-2008, 06:22 PM
i saw the F/S thread. this was quoted out of it....

Alright, Im in need of cash fast. Willing to let my sub go for $100. Its a mint conditon Powerbass XXL 12'' Sub. It is in near brand new conditon as you can see in the pics.

BUT, if you look close to one of the pics, you can kinda make it out.

ya does not sound like "mint condition" to me.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:25 PM
no. like i said, i could see it in one of the pics. had to look for it, but it's there. so he knew he was lying in the F/S thread. that to me = scammer

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
quoted from his e-bay auction.

It's in new condition, used just to test. I still have the wiring on it that I will include. Very nice sub, it will pound. These retail for quite a bit, get a great deal here. If you want to buy it now, message me and we will arrange something.

in the pic of the cone, the crack is in the shadow, so you can't see it.

tacovic
just search powerbass xxl 12" sub
and you can see for yourself

rollerdj
and another edit.... member is online now. :D :D

Megalomaniac
12-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I think you opened the box upside down. :confused:

Louisiana_CRX
12-13-2008, 06:33 PM
:crap:

CantGetEnufBASS
12-13-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah if he said it was in "mint condition" thats a scamemr in my book.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 06:37 PM
title in ebay auction is *brand new*

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Woa Woa Woa

This "scammer" is me...

I just found this thread a few min. ago and just read through it. And I hate how it makes me look like the bad guy.

I'm being 100% honest here. I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS "CRACK" ON THE SUB AND I WAS NOT TRYING TO HIDE IT

They only reason I was selling it and wanted to get rid of it quick was because I had no need for it, and I pretty much had no cash.

Acutally, I do not even think it is a crack. I would have notice if the crack was acutally a crack and going through the sub cone. I think it is just a glue mark or something.

Im acuatlly 100% sure that it is not a crack. I would have notice is there was a tear in the cone...Even if it is a crack that isn't going through the cone, im sure a little glue would fix it, even if it affected performance.

rollerdj
12-13-2008, 07:11 PM
it sure looks like a crack to me. IMO, how could you not look at it and see what it is?

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I inspected the sub, and I would have noticed a crack...

DUMPED
12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
throw up some pics !!!!!!!!
lets see this thing

CantGetEnufBASS
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
the anticipation is killing me...

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:19 PM
In no way am I a scammer, and this is ruining my rep on this site, and I just joined and got into car auido.

I mean, you got this sub for what $45? And I acutally ended up paying more on shipping than what I made you pay.

Even if its a crack, and something glue cant fix..you still got a great deal. The motor would still be worth $$$

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:20 PM
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r475/BobbyGedUp/100_0187.jpg

Full blown crack? I dont think so...

DUMPED
12-13-2008, 07:23 PM
need pics that are not that blurry.
and for the record if there is any damage whatsoever to the cone
and the seller says he didnt see it he is FULL OF ****...lol
you've got to be one blind motherfacker if you cant see any damage..

and to say that even if there is a slight crack potentially then its alright cause he
got it at a good deal is JUST F%CKED UP !!

Also what do you mean Full Blown Crack?
so its potentially alright if its not full blown?

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:25 PM
As in the crack isnt all the way through. If I was tring to scam, why would I take a pic of the cone? I took tons of pics because I THOUGHT I had nothing to hide

I dont think I will be giving a refund.

DUMPED
12-13-2008, 07:31 PM
regardless if the crack is all the way through or part of the way or anything whatsoever.
the fact that there is some sort of damage, defect or whatever you want to call it is enough of a reason to have a problem.

alex5857
12-13-2008, 07:37 PM
As in the crack isnt all the way through. If I was tring to scam, why would I take a pic of the cone? I took tons of pics because I THOUGHT I had nothing to hide

Oh shi-

tapout
12-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Then its settled.

You are a...

Scammah.

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah I just really wanted to scam somebody out of $40.........

CantGetEnufBASS
12-13-2008, 07:51 PM
i hate to say, but if you knew there was the slightest tear/crack/whatever, And you said it was "mint condition" thats fraudulent

Bobby322
12-13-2008, 07:53 PM
The thing is, I didn't know..

jwth2005
12-13-2008, 07:55 PM
:bsflag:

Supergumby5000
12-13-2008, 08:02 PM
You're going back and forth on your info Bobby.

You obviously knew there was an issue here, seeing as you were selling the sub as "mint". and that is definately not mint. Or, it got damaged in shipping, and thus should be taken care of either way.

And from your posts in this thread, you're just trying to cover your *** by saying whatever will make you not sound at fault. Nothing is set in stone, and some of your posts are contradicting.

Oh, and if this indeed a cracked woofer, that you claimed as mint, and refuse a refund, you are indeed a scammer, and wont be doing any more business on this forum.

Like you said, it was only 45 bucks.....so why not just give him the refund if it is indeed damaged? or, settle this through whoever shipped the driver.

CantGetEnufBASS
12-13-2008, 08:02 PM

so you think it was damaged in shipping? wich is definately not out of the question

Can OP post pics of the box it was sent in?

but yeah gumby is right even it was damaged in shippin its still considerd your fault

Joe89
12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
We should have an Anti-scam-squad that takes 5% of all transactions' $ but in turn has base of operations all across United States and would show up with 'whatever is necessary' to ensure the morales of ethical trading are upheld and scammers get what is coming to them.

Just a thought! ;)

Rashaddd
12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Your reputation on this site if you had planned to sell more here will cost you more than the 40 dollars it would cost you to make this right

Even if you didn't know, is it HIS responsibility for it? Sorry, I didn't know the amp I sent you was blown...so I'm not giving a refund.

Looney_Tune
12-13-2008, 08:17 PM
IF u really want that 40 buck back file a claim with paypal...u should win from the looks of it just make sure u got solid proof. I just found out paypal found in my favor for 2 15"s i bought off ebay last week...

Rich B
12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
IF u really want that 40 buck back file a claim with paypal...u should win from the looks of it just make sure u got solid proof. I just found out paypal found in my favor for 2 15"s i bought off ebay last week...

Paypal doesnt offer the same protections when used "off site" (meaning they only really cover ebay transactions).

Once its proven "something" was shipped, even if its just a brick in a box, they wont cover a bad deal.

The only real safety in using Paypal off of ebay is using a credit card so the charges can be reversed.

Grinder1989
12-13-2008, 08:27 PM
The cone looks cracked on the outermost layer. I don't know what the cone is made out of (appears to be paper, if so, that's hard to crack all the way through.) It's tough to see it, but it's there. The seller obviously described the item as mint. A crack, whether it's through the cone or not, is not an item in "mint" condition. OP should send the sub back after he is refunded. Problem solved. If the seller is unwilling to do so, he should get off this site since his name will go to **** anyway. This forum needs a scammer thread where all proven scammers can have their names logged so if a new name is made, a mod could run an IP check and see if the name is on the list...

k_schutte
12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Link to original ad?

05fronty
12-13-2008, 08:34 PM
this is why i won't buy anything off here unless the person has alot of refs and has been on here for a while

k_schutte
12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Actualy I think he got it on ebay but from a member here... Bobby32 posted this auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220322529083

either way... I recently traded an Atomic APX18 for a brand new MX15... the APX18 got DESTROYED buy UPS and they denied the claim. But the MX15 was already traded for an MTX TA92001 (or something) which was already traded for my RE XXX15... So long story short, I got the motor back, purchased a new Basket and am getting a re-cone from atomic (in whatever coil configuration he wants) which is going to run me about $200~ because i want to stay in good terms on this site. So i guess i am saying over $48, do what you need to do...

scoob8000
12-14-2008, 12:25 AM
This really isn't where I wanted this thread to go. I meant it more of a "Am I doing the right thing?" not a so and so is a scammer thread.

That's precisely why I never linked the original thread, ebay auction, or sellers name. I wanted to let him resolve the issue in good faith before making anything public.

But it is 100% without a doubt a crack. The dust cap and surround is the only thing holding it together.

http://post.mach-five.com/posted/1/IMG_1515.JPG

http://post.mach-five.com/posted/1/IMG_1516.JPG

The total was $83 shipped. If I had known it was cracked, I would not of even bid $2 on it.

Sure I can glue it, but I didn't buy a "Powerbass 2XL - Needs Repaired". I bought a "Powerbass 2XL - Mint condition".

I'm not saying anything bad. Let's resolve this in a manner that works out for everyone. I'll even still leave a good ref based
on the fact that you worked with me to resolve the issue. **** happens, maybe you really didn't know but lets make good.

The cone looks cracked on the outermost layer. I don't know what the cone is made out of (appears to be paper, if so, that's hard to crack all the way through.)

The cone is some kind of rigid plastic. Reminds me of black ABS like used in plumbing.

so you think it was damaged in shipping? wich is definately not out of the question

Can OP post pics of the box it was sent in?

That was my original thought, then I happened to notice the crack in a photo I did not see until today.

NewAgeKing
12-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Scammer.

smiley2186
12-14-2008, 10:11 AM
look closely at the ebay auction u can see the crack.. he put all false info. also. its not new..just give him back his refund and move on. 83 bucks..

vitveet
12-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Yep, refund the man his $83 and the OP should just ship the sub back to him after the payment has cleared. It's CLEARLY a crack. Thanks for your pics OP! Case closed on whether it's all the way through or not....the flashlight pic shows it all!

V.

Bobby322
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Offered a refund, he said he is going to recone it. Case closed?

duece212
12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Offered a refund, he said he is going to recone it. Case closed?

Right on, you should have him confirm that here

scoob8000
12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I am going to contact a local shop tomorrow to get a price of repair and we'll use that to determine the refund amount.

I'm sure a recone kit costs as much as I paid for the sub, so even with a repair I'm still stuck with a repaired sub. We'll see what the shop says.

Bobby322
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Doing it yourself would save alot of money. But I dont know how hard it is to do it so w/e

rollerdj
12-14-2008, 07:48 PM
it's not to hard. if the OP can find someone close to him that can do it, it would work out good. i'm sure some members would take a few beers for payment of reconing a sub. :D glad to hear that its getting worked out.

Ignatowski
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
R E D R U M

blackman
12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
can i has?

x3?