PDA

View Full Version : different types of tweeters??

ckrtazn018
07-29-2003, 07:39 AM
this question's been buggin me for a while, and i've searched for an answer to it, but haven't really found a good answer... hopefully u guys can shine some light upon me... here's the question... what's the difference between the different types of tweeters?? for example: silk dome, titanium dome, aluminum dome, etc..

my guess is that they produce different highs...with the silks being the least harsh, but that's just a guess. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thx :)

kingpin_jeffie
07-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Thats basically the only difference. The metal domes are harsher, more of a tinny sound and the silks are a little smoother on the ears.

No real winner between the two. It all comes down to personal preference. In my case it comes down to which set is cheaper. I'll take either or.

bumpin_blazer
07-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Thats basically the only difference. The metal domes are harsher, more of a tinny sound and the silks are a little smoother on the ears.

No real winner between the two. It all comes down to personal preference. In my case it comes down to which set is cheaper. I'll take either or.

with a fantastic Eq you can Eq out that harshness you speak of.

adam