PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I am kinda new to forums in general. I have always been an aftermarket car stereo enthuiast and the hobby has turned into an obsession. I hvae spent well over 10K on my system and it has not performed correctly since install which was over 4 years ago. I have kinda given up on my installers and I hope to find some one who has or know someone who has or had the same problem I am experiencing.

I live in the Washington, DC area.

NewAgeKing
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Welcome.

lvjeffro
12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
And the problem is ....What??? This is Car audio dot com not the psychic hotline...

Enellz
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Whats sup, I from baltimore, got some family close to D.C. though, around college park.

scarolinablazin
12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
hello and be aware there are a lot of a$$holes around here

lvjeffro
12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
hello and be aware there are a lot of a$$holes around here
yeah and you are 1 of them assholes, but there is fact in your statement...

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 11:04 AM
And the problem is ....What??? This is Car audio dot com not the psychic hotline...

Alpine Technical Expertise needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have tried everything I can think of to solve the frequency output problem in my car and still have not been able to figure out what is going on. Here is my set up:
Alpine IVA-W505, Alpine PXA-H701, Alpine TUA-500HD, Alpine TUA-T020XM, (2) JL 300-2, (1) JL 300-4, (1) JL 500-1, (2) Tsunami 1.5 FARAD Cap, Yellow Top Battery running 0 gauge to a distribution cap then to the Caps. (2) Sets of Boston Z-6 speakers (front stage is bi-amped), Boston Pro 6 1/2 for the center channel, Boston 12" G-5 Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer. EQ (PXA-H701) is connected via AI-Net and optically.
We have rewired the amps and made sure that all components are properly grounded and ever performed a "voltage drop" test and everything is working properly.
My problem is every time I start my car ('04 Acura TL), my system plays differently. Sometimes my highs are not as loud, or my midbass isn't or my sub bass isn't. The problem seems to be very random and the Alpine techs have not been able to tell me why.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is or can you tell me what I should check next. BTW, the amps have been replaced with the new JL Version 2.

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Whats sup, I from baltimore, got some family close to D.C. though, around college park.

I'm not far from College park. Pick up my chrome rims at Auto Effects on Baltimore Avenue.

lvjeffro
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
you already have a thread on this man, you are not gonna get any help any quicker by making multiple threads...if someone can help you they will...

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM
my error, not trying to duplicate the thread

Death_by_Bass
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
I have tried everything I can think of to solve the frequency output problem in my car and still have not been able to figure out what is going on. Here is my set up:
Alpine IVA-W505, Alpine PXA-H701, Alpine TUA-500HD, Alpine TUA-T020XM, (2) JL 300-2, (1) JL 300-4, (1) JL 500-1, (2) Tsunami 1.5 FARAD Cap, Yellow Top Battery running 0 gauge to a distribution cap then to the Caps. (2) Sets of Boston Z-6 speakers (front stage is bi-amped), Boston Pro 6 1/2 for the center channel, Boston 12" G-5 Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer. EQ (PXA-H701) is connected via AI-Net and optically.
We have rewired the amps and made sure that all components are properly grounded and ever performed a "voltage drop" test and everything is working properly.
My problem is every time I start my car ('04 Acura TL), my system plays differently. Sometimes my highs are not as loud, or my midbass isn't or my sub bass isn't. The problem seems to be very random and the Alpine techs have not been able to tell me why.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is or can you tell me what I should check next. BTW, the amps have been replaced with the new JL Version 2.

if you put that much money in your car you should do the big 3 :fyi:

by the way welcome

scarolinablazin
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah and you are 1 of them assholes, but there is fact in your statement...

no, i just hate stupid people and don;t care if people get butthurt. ask an honest question and i'm friendly, ask a bunch of stupid questions or go around giving bad advice and i'll gladly point out that you're stupid and should keep your mouth shut.

bunkerking09
12-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I am kinda new to forums in general. I have always been an aftermarket car stereo enthuiast and the hobby has turned into an obsession. I hvae spent well over 10K on my system and it has not performed correctly since install which was over 4 years ago. I have kinda given up on my installers and I hope to find some one who has or know someone who has or had the same problem I am experiencing.

I live in the Washington, DC area.

:wallbash:

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
:wallbash:

Would you have an educated solution to the issue I stated or is it time for day care?

Death_by_Bass
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
hook up a diff h/u and see if thats it....

bunkerking09
12-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Would you have an educated solution to the issue I stated or is it time for day care?

I **** on your moms *** at daycare :fyi:

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
hook up a diff h/u and see if thats it....

already tried. IVA-D901, IVA-W205

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I **** on your moms *** at daycare :fyi:

That's the response I expected from the children that congregate on forums that some individuals (like myself) look to for some sound advise. Obviously you're in that first category.

BTW, that last time and only time you probably ****** on a *** was in a deep dream. Is there any other forum you can visit this moring while I try to get an answer to my question.

bunkerking09
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
i'll tell you whats wrong...

you're spending way to much money on pointless things for your vehicle.

EA: JL amps, and caps? WTF?

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
i'll tell you whats wrong...

you're spending way to much money on pointless things for your vehicle.

EA: JL amps, and caps? WTF?

Pointless to some is worthwhile to others. I'm sure you probably spend your money (if you have a job) on gay **** or something like that.

BTW, my system (with it current imperfections) probably sounds better than any home system where you reside.

If you would have asked, I would have told you that my intent was to compete the car locally for SQL. Oh, I forgot, you may not know what that is (sound quality).

Make some money and you can spend it on whatever you like and still have bank leftover.

Now, I had my engaging exchange with you concerning value or the lack thereof. Let me get back to the task at hand and you have a great day finding ways to add value to society.

bunkerking09
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Pointless to some is worthwhile to others. I'm sure you probably spend your money (if you have a job) on gay **** or something like that.

BTW, my system (with it current imperfections) probably sounds better than any home system where you reside.

If you would have asked, I would have told you that my intent was to compete the car locally for SQL. Oh, I forgot, you may not know what that is (sound quality).

Make some money and you can spend it on whatever you like and still have bank leftover.

Now, I had my engaging exchange with you concerning value or the lack thereof. Let me get back to the task at hand and you have a great day finding ways to add value to society.

Lol, my job is to protect this country, when I'm killing the bad guys i'll remember to send them to your house and see if you appreciate my job then.

My truck sounds great on top of being louder than ****, you can ask anyone who has sat in it.

shaneb
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM

Yes, many know what SQL is.
And look out cause you might get ragged for running a bunch of JL and Alpine when shootin' for a SQ build.
Fair warning.
My advice. Don't argue back. Just listen to the one's wanting to help you.

So you tried several HU's. What are you using for processing?
Your HU?
Is the HU saving xover settings?

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Lol, my job is to protect this country, when I'm killing the bad guys i'll remember to send them to your house and see if you appreciate my job then.

My truck sounds great on top of being louder than ****, you can ask anyone who has sat in it.

We got something in commom. My job is to make sure you got the right equip and intel. Glad to hear that you truck sounds great. Remember, all I did was ask a question, you started the ragging.

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, many know what SQL is.
And look out cause you might get ragged for running a bunch of JL and Alpine when shootin' for a SQ build.
Fair warning.
My advice. Don't argue back. Just listen to the one's wanting to help you.

So you tried several HU's. What are you using for processing?
Your HU?
Is the HU saving xover settings?

Point taken and thank you. I am using the PXA-H701 processor. All settings are being saved by the processor. None are lost when i turn off the car.

shaneb
12-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Point taken and thank you. I am using the PXA-H701 processor. All settings are being saved by the processor. None are lost when i turn off the car.

Dang. That is a confusing one. Lol are your grounds good :) (have to ask that)
So considering you have a lot of alpine equip. You have called them right? Asked them what the problem is?
I am a big fan of using the heck out of manufacturers tech support.

Brew0360
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Dang. That is a confusing one. Lol are your grounds good :) (have to ask that)
So considering you have a lot of alpine equip. You have called them right? Asked them what the problem is?
I am a big fan of using the heck out of manufacturers tech support.

We have changed out all of the power and grounds. Performed a voltage drop test and even bypassed all of the system addons (changer, HD, XM) and the problem still persist. Talk to tech support over 20 times on this issue. They seem to be frustrated that I ask them different questions and they can't solve the problem.

Awaiting the return of my other PXA-H701 that was sent for service. I'm hoping that both of my processors are the problem and can be fixed. I highly doubt that 2 would go bad though.

BTW, when the car cycles to the point that it sound really good, if I cut the system off and bring it back up about 5 seconds after I start the car, the sould will stay the same. If I turn on the car and the stereo automatically turns on, that is when the sound is unstable.