PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Box

Webman33569
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
I was looking at RE's site for the specs for a sealed box for the XXX12 and they said .85 ft sq for compact and 1.1 ft sq for optimal both of those seem very small for the size of the sub. Does anyone have any ideas on this.

Crimson Boom
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
I think its been proven they need a MUCH LARGER box

Webman33569
12-12-2008, 07:46 AM
I think its been proven they need a MUCH LARGER box

Thats what i though but i cant find a strait answer.

lvjeffro
12-12-2008, 08:32 AM
taken from a Car electronics review of this subwoofer........

Installation RE's manual offered two enclosure recommendations: a compact size of 0.85ft3 and an optimum size of 1.1ft3. Because of the sheer bulk of this subwoofer, I was surprised by just how small these two recommended enclosures were. As is my custom, I gave the manufacturer a call to get their absolute best enclosure recommendation for sound quality. When Larry Ratcliff of RE Audio gave me the specs, I was taken aback, shocked even, when the answer came back almost three times larger then the recommended size at 2.843ft3! That's one big box, but it is more in line with what I would expect.

Webman33569
12-12-2008, 09:07 AM
taken from a Car electronics review of this subwoofer........

Installation RE's manual offered two enclosure recommendations: a compact size of 0.85ft3 and an optimum size of 1.1ft3. Because of the sheer bulk of this subwoofer, I was surprised by just how small these two recommended enclosures were. As is my custom, I gave the manufacturer a call to get their absolute best enclosure recommendation for sound quality. When Larry Ratcliff of RE Audio gave me the specs, I was taken aback, shocked even, when the answer came back almost three times larger then the recommended size at 2.843ft3! That's one big box, but it is more in line with what I would expect.

WOW but that does sound more logical. thanks for the help