PDA

View Full Version : Help with Extended Cab GMC Canyon please?

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Does anyone happen to have the same truck? I need a box that allows the subs to face upwards and still fit around my jack and over the hump in the floor. Also, where the seats where there is that dip to the floorboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dman4486
12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Does anyone happen to have the same truck? I need a box that allows the subs to face upwards and still fit around my jack and over the hump in the floor. Also, where the seats where there is that dip to the floorboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

um....build one?

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm trying. That's why I need help trying to design one. Sorry for the confusion. I have a box right now, but its a downfire and a POS to put it lightly. I have been trying for the past week or so to come up with something, but everything i try seems to not work.

dman4486
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm trying. That's why I need help trying to design one. Sorry for the confusion. I have a box right now, but its a downfire and a POS to put it lightly. I have been trying for the past week or so to come up with something, but everything i try seems to not work.

ah.....well in that case I hope someone has a similar vehicle....gl

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks, I just really am a newbie when it comes to building boxes. Have been in car audio for a few years now, but it was in a suburban where I could just put a flat bottomed box into the space behind the 3rd row seats. I really don't know where to start, and everything I try to fab up fails.

dman4486
12-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks, I just really am a newbie when it comes to building boxes. Have been in car audio for a few years now, but it was in a suburban where I could just put a flat bottomed box into the space behind the 3rd row seats. I really don't know where to start, and everything I try to fab up fails.

try taking some pics of the problem areas, and then some others could help without actually owning the vehicle:D

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I will tomorrow then. If not, I just got a really good, random idea. The old toolboxes that act as stands for the (used to) flip down seats fold down into the space between the level of the floorboard and that rise. So if I can set those in, it might act as a base for the box. Then again, it probably wont work for me, just my luck. But if anyone wants to give me a quote for building one and leaving it plain MDF or whatever material, let me know. I'm down to my last nerve on this thing.

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Sorry, it's not the same back seat. Mine has 2, tiny flip down individual seats.

http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/col_extcab_inter.jpg

That's what I have to work with. The little things under the seats are toolboxes that flip down. My truck really has none of that in it.

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Also, they are 2 12" MTX Thunder 8500s.

TQua2009
12-12-2008, 01:06 AM
I have no seats left. Let me find a picture of my current setup. And does anyone know a way to close up holes for mounting subs? I might turn my box into a forward facing sub mount if so...