PDA

View Full Version : Slot Ports and Fiberglass

venom107
07-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Is it possible to build a slot ported sub box tuned right and everything? Would you just construct a port face and wall and then fiberglass around it? I was thinking of building an enclosure that is exactly 6Cu Ft ported facing towards the back of my trunk and actually building the mold out of the spare tire well, and angling it towards the back. Is it possible? :confused:

venom107
07-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Has anyone fiberglassed the inside of their spare tire well and built a sub mostly inside the well? It would save a lot of trunk space for me. Now all I have to figure out is how do I measure 6 Cu Ft accurately?

ramos
07-29-2003, 10:59 AM
I don't really understand what your asking. Yes I have built about 14 million spare tire well enclosures. Some of which were either entirely in the well or the biggest part of it was. But I still don't understand exactly what you want to do. :)

venom107
07-29-2003, 11:02 PM
I just wanted to know how you built it in the well and how well it worked. How long did it take and how would you measure the volume inside the well?

MikeofTulsa
07-29-2003, 11:47 PM
I just wanted to know how you built it in the well and how well it worked. How long did it take and how would you measure the volume inside the well?

well as far as building it check out the links at the top of the forum......and measuring the volume....several diff. ways...find a known volume of water and fill it up....and measure the volume of the water u use to fill it up.....or u can use peanuts or sand.....