PDA

View Full Version : Box for 18" nightshade

mugen08
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Would I be alright w/ 1 layer of 1" mdf?

6 cubes bsically square

Havent decided on aeros or slot port

I'd like to go flared slot but don't have the calcs for the flare

Rashaddd
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Brace it

and calc for a flared slot, i mean...what's the difference gonna be if ur off, maybe 2-3 inches, maybe 1-2hz...? Just aim a little longer if anything, and add volume into the box or shave off the end of the port or something afterwards if it's too low for you

ssackett
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Sounds good. Nightshades tend to like smaller enclosures so 6ft3 should be fine. Aero's are cool but can be pricey. If this is your first box maybe a flared port should be saved for next time :D There are alot of good box builders on the forum that would be happy to take you money to build you a flared port enclosure though. GL with your build!!!

mugen08
12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Brace it

and calc for a flared slot, i mean...what's the difference gonna be if ur off, maybe 2-3 inches, maybe 1-2hz...? Just aim a little longer if anything, and add volume into the box or shave off the end of the port or something afterwards if it's too low for you

Ok I was thinkin 6" wide w/ a 3" flare that goes out to like 9"

How's that sound?

mugen08
12-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Sounds good. Nightshades tend to like smaller enclosures so 6ft3 should be fine. Aero's are cool but can be pricey. If this is your first box maybe a flared port should be saved for next time :D There are alot of good box builders on the forum that would be happy to take you money to build you a flared port enclosure though. GL with your build!!!

Thankzzz