PDA

View Full Version : New Components*HELP*

fishpro
12-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I am looking to upgrade my speakers in my truck(Dodge Ram Quad Cab). Right now I am running lower end MB Quarts, but I need comps that handle more power and looking to get away from metal tweets. I have been looking at CDT Audio's and e9.65i System, but I don't want to limit myself to what I know. Also the rears are 5.25 so I need speakers that have both 6.5 and 5.25(I want the tweeters to match) I am running a RF Power T8004 and would like to keep them below $400 for both.:) Thanks in advance you guys have a great site:)

lyttleviet
12-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Check these out.. 410 Free shipping.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7321

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7320

shaneb
12-11-2008, 03:27 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much about the rear stage. If you are dying to, then I understand.
But I would recommend just working on the front end with Image Dynamics XS65 they will handle 300wrms all day.
Then gettin something lower if you haveto have a rear fill. and power it from the deck.

Hoodlum007
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Here is a nice set up in your price range on sale by CDT.

Eurosport comps upfront

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=5091

for the rears

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=5208

eharri3
12-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Whatever you have budgeted towards rear comps, either take 75% of it and throw it to the front and put cheap coaxials in back, or take 100% of it and put it in front. Sound is subjective and all but I'll say, I have cheap aftermarket coaxials in the rear. Even then, If I don't de tune them by a certain amount sounds get VERY directional in relation to the speakers and things start to sound like they're coming from the front and rear speakers rather than directly in front of me like a live concert. I personally don't like that. But with them at this detuned level, when I sit in the rear I still get as good of a sense of the full range of sounds as I think my rearseat passengers need to have. And yet when I'm in the driver's seat it fills in the space behind me with sound so I feel more 'enveloped' by the music.

One of my big regrets that Im too cheap to fix probably until I do a setup for my next vehicle: If I hadn't been through two 4 channel amps, two head units, one set of front coaxials, and wasted 100 bucks on rear coaxials in the last 3 years Id be running really decent 800-1000 dollar front components off of 150+ watts and most likely jerking off everytime I play music in the car.

fishpro
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Whatever you have budgeted towards rear comps, either take 75% of it and throw it to the front and put cheap coaxials in back, or take 100% of it and put it in front. Sound is subjective and all but I'll say, I have cheap aftermarket coaxials in the rear. Even then, If I don't de tune them by a certain amount sounds get VERY directional in relation to the speakers and things start to sound like they're coming from the front and rear speakers rather than directly in front of me like a live concert. I personally don't like that. But with them at this detuned level, when I sit in the rear I still get as good of a sense of the full range of sounds as I think my rearseat passengers need to have. And yet when I'm in the driver's seat it fills in the space behind me with sound so I feel more 'enveloped' by the music.

One of my big regrets that Im too cheap to fix probably until I do a setup for my next vehicle: If I hadn't been through two 4 channel amps, two head units, one set of front coaxials, and wasted 100 bucks on rear coaxials in the last 3 years Id be running really decent 800-1000 dollar front components off of 150+ watts and most likely jerking off everytime I play music in the car.I was actually starting to think the same thing about the front stage. I may just go with a higher end comps for the front and just leave what I have in the back. I am now thinking Morel 6, RE XXX, or something else higher end. I spent plenty on my amps and subs and went cheap on my components:crap: I don't want to do that again.

fishpro
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!!! It is impossible for me to go and listen to every possible speaker, so I need a little help:)

AznrMix88
12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I am currently running the Tempo 6, and really want to run the Dotech Ovation 6 on the next project car. I heard them locally with some deadener on the doors. WOW. They get LOWWWW!

fishpro
12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I am currently running the Tempo 6, and really want to run the Dotech Ovation 6 on the next project car. I heard them locally with some deadener on the doors. WOW. They get LOWWWW!
The Dotech's look nice:) How are you running your Tempo 6's passive or active? and what kind of power are you giving them? Anyone running the RE XXX's???